What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese chicken shop was thankfully open this afternoon (they went to a wedding last week). I didn't capture an image as it looked exactly the same as last time. Bloody spicy though!

I've got to catch up!
Sunday and Monday - arni psito me patates (Greek lamb)
Tuesday - wild garlic stew with onions, potatoes and carrots
Wednesday - eggs, beans and chips
Thursday - Veggie curry with rice and flatbreads
There has also been a lot of yoghurt stuffed pancake with either blueberries or pomegranate molasses for breakfast owing to a glut of whey, and I've been trying to avoid cheese for lunch (finally succumbed today!)
Plus a photo of the large leg of lamb I cooked :D
Arni psito.jpg

I've got to catch up!
Sunday and Monday - arni psito me patates (Greek lamb)
Tuesday - wild garlic stew with onions, potatoes and carrots
Wednesday - eggs, beans and chips
Thursday - Veggie curry with rice and flatbreads
There has also been a lot of yoghurt stuffed pancake with either blueberries or pomegranate molasses for breakfast owing to a glut of whey, and I've been trying to avoid cheese for lunch (finally succumbed today!)
Plus a photo of the large leg of lamb I cooked :DView attachment 15249

Your lamb leg looks lovely!

And you can invite me round for all those other dishes as well!:D

Me, too! I love a roast leg o' lamb.

We're having Chinese takeout tonight. We ordered a bunch of things to share.

Bbq chicken skewers, spring rolls, veggie fried rice, shrimp in curry sauce, Singapore mei fun, moo shu beef, and Mongolian chicken over noodles.

An interesting egg and chips dish tonight - served to my partner who fancied fried egg and chips. I accidentally sprinkle white truffle oil over the chips. The bottle looked like the sherry vinegar bottle and I didn't have glasses on. :laugh:

He seemed to like it - but that was a really extravagant way to serve oven chips!

:ohmy: I hope they don't eat like that all the time!
Yes they do.

Both obese, she has had type 2 diabetes for 20 years and the other has been told if he doesn't sort out his weight he will be diabetic by 2020.

If she makes a baked dinner or meatloaf it is served with plenty of vegetables but most of their meals, when they bother to cook, are meat & carbs with a sauce that may contain some onion & maybe capsicum. A few weeks ago they were eating when I arrived to drop something off. Strips of beef in a sauce with boiled white rice. I asked what it was. Stroganoff was the answer. A packet sauce base, sans mushrooms because she doesn't like them.

Yes they do.

Both obese, she has had type 2 diabetes for 20 years and the other has been told if he doesn't sort out his weight he will be diabetic by 2020.

If she makes a baked dinner or meatloaf it is served with plenty of vegetables but most of their meals, when they bother to cook, are meat & carbs with a sauce that may contain some onion & maybe capsicum. A few weeks ago they were eating when I arrived to drop something off. Strips of beef in a sauce with boiled white rice. I asked what it was. Stroganoff was the answer. A packet sauce base, sans mushrooms because she doesn't like them.

It is so sad. Type 2 diabetes can in some cases be completely controlled and even eradicated by the right diet. I had a friend who did that. But you know, I think some folk aren't interested in food. Its just fuel to get them through the day. I don't know if that is the case with your in-laws of course.

My FIL used to be a cook! He loves food. They don't like the same things & have got into lazy habits since all their kids have left home.

I had a new type of vegan burger yesterday called an Impossible Burger.

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/burger/

It was fantastic! It looked just like a real burger, tasted like meat, and the texture was spot on. If no one told me that it was veggie, I would have sworn it was ground from a lean cut of beef. It had that bite to it. No taste of beans, or grains, or other veggies.

We are already planning on going back to the steakhouse next week for "vegetarian night".

You piqued my curiosity.

https://www.inverse.com/article/594...e-the-protein-that-makes-everyone-crave-blood

Very interesting stuff indeed.

A burger from The Burger Meister cookbook, Chicago beer burger with beer braised onions, mushroom ketchup, and homemade potato chips. Oh, the buns are homemade too.

View attachment 15251

Have you posted a recipe for those burger buns? I generally buy them when we have burf=gers as they are so cheap here - but I ought to try making my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom