What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new type of vegan burger yesterday called an Impossible Burger.

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/burger/

It was fantastic! It looked just like a real burger, tasted like meat, and the texture was spot on. If no one told me that it was veggie, I would have sworn it was ground from a lean cut of beef. It had that bite to it. No taste of beans, or grains, or other veggies.

We are already planning on going back to the steakhouse next week for "vegetarian night".

I had a new type of vegan burger yesterday called an Impossible Burger.

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/burger/

It was fantastic! It looked just like a real burger, tasted like meat, and the texture was spot on. If no one told me that it was veggie, I would have sworn it was ground from a lean cut of beef. It had that bite to it. No taste of beans, or grains, or other veggies.

We are already planning on going back to the steakhouse next week for "vegetarian night".

That looks really interesting - I wish I could try it. Apparently it contains something called 'heme'. I must research this further...

Our burger is made from simple, all-natural ingredients such as wheat, coconut oil, and potatoes. What makes the Impossible Burger unlike all others is an ingredient called heme. Heme is a basic building block of life on Earth, including plants, but it’s uniquely abundant in meat. We discovered that heme is what makes meat smell, sizzle, bleed, and taste gloriously meaty. Consider it the “magic ingredient” that makes our burger a carnivore’s dream.

I got my ham! Craig went to the meat market and they had put their smoked hams on sale after Easter, 90 cents per pound. Glazed it with a raspberry, mustard, brown sugar glaze. Sides are carrots and peas, and a cheesy grit casserole.

2018-04-04 18.00.28.jpg

This will be dessert later hopefully. I'm stuffed now.

full.jpg

Last edited:
8E44A4DD-1B45-444E-91EB-47EE4B9E1E49.jpeg

Chicken chili. I’m so glad I didn’t decide to make this as a white chicken chili. To do that, I would have had to leave out two of my favorite things in a chili: chilies (duh) and tomatoes. Besides being ridiculously healthy, it’s also pretty and very tasty. And, yes: there are beans. I've always avoided them as an unnecessary filler, but I'm starting to like them.

By the way, that’s tzatziki sauce. I could just as well have used yogurt, but the tzatziki sauce worked very well.

Last edited:
By the way, that’s tzatziki sauce. I could just as well have used yogurt, but the tzatziki sauce worked very well.

I had to look up tzatziki sauce.

The recipe looks interesting (possibly with mint in lieu of dill) and could double as a dip for pakoras. We don't have access to Greek yoghurt so I would have to use plain milk yoghurt.

(We have two types of yoghurt here, yoghurt with fruit and yoghurt without fruit).

That Craigsy's a keeper, med. Ham, then dessert, please.

I was supposed to spend the day doing a few much needed jobs around the house yesterday, then go shopping for my wife's birthday, but I spent the day mopping and sucking up a slow leak from the water heater in the basement. 9 hours of dumping buckets of 75 gallons of water.

So, just before my favourite pizza place closed, I picked up an extra thin crust pizza with an appy of mussels fra diavolo.

Best pizza ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom