What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese and onion pie, pesto, cheese and tomato tart, spinach and tomatoes.

IMG_20180412_210534.jpg

Last night my son was in charge of taco night. I had to give him a bit of help once I got home but they were yummy.

Tonight my daughter is in charge of creating something with chicken breast. No idea what will happen.

We're going Asian for dinner. Beef tataki, tenderloin, that has been marinating since last night. Vegetable tempura. A seafood salad, shrimp, conch, and squid, over a bed of grated carrots and seeded sliced cucumbers, with a dressing using kimchi base, honey and a little lime juice.

2018-04-12 18.25.15.jpg

2018-04-12 18.24.40.jpg

2018-04-12 18.24.11.jpg

We're going Asian for dinner. Beef tataki, tenderloin, that has been marinating since last night. Vegetable tempura. A seafood salad, shrimp, conch, and squid, over a bed of grated carrots and seeded sliced cucumbers, with a dressing using kimchi base, honey and a little lime juice.

Lovely, lovely lovely! I like the plates.

Hambone vege soup with fresh bread. I've made this bread twice now and it hasn't risen very well either time. The first time, something came up and I had to.stick it in fridge so thought it was my fault. Definitely not this time though as I followed directions exactly from start to finish for rising and baking times. It's not the yeast as I let it bloom and it was quite active. Actually, it's not that it doesn't rise, it just falls.

2018-04-13 17.33.48.jpg

Last edited:
Hambone vege soup with fresh bread. I've made this bread twice now and it hasn't risen very well either time. The first time, someting came up and I had to.stick it in fridge so thought it was my fault. Definitely not this time though as I followed directions exactly from start to finish for rising and baking times. It's not the yeast as I let it bloom and it was quite active. Actually, it's not that it doesn't rise, it just falls.

View attachment 15408
Soup looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom