What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ham and potato soup. First for me. It was good, not great. Tomorrow I'll post the recipe and get some suggestions on how to improve it.

20180415_170613.jpg

Looks lovely and I want some please - where is the gravy? :)

Underneath, been cutting down. My doc was happy with me last week when he realized I had lost almost 20 pounds simply by cutting down on serving sizes since I saw him not quite 4 months ago. I'm short and extremely curvy to put it nicely. About 1/3 of that bowl didn't get eaten. You'll are a bad influence on me with these challenges:D because I've actually regained some according to the way my clothes aren't as loose as they were. Most of the pics I take of my plates end up with a good size portion not being eaten at dinner.

Last edited:
Pan fried gammon with mustard sauce and a cauliflower with béchamel sauce.

2 s.jpg

We have suffered a water shortage up to this afternoon so I kept the pan usage to a minimum. It's all sorted now (we hope!).

Underneath, been cutting down. My doc was happy with me last week when he realized I had lost almost 20 pounds simply by cutting down on serving sizes since I saw him not quite 4 months ago. I'm short and extremely curvy to put it nicely. About 1/3 of that bowl didn't get eaten. You'll are a bad influence on me with these challenges:D because I've actually regained some according to the way my clothes aren't as loose as they were. Most of the pics I take of my plates end up with a good size portion not being eaten at dinner.

Smaller portions are a good way to go to save on calories. I think @MrsDangermouse mentioned recently that she had lost weight that way. Re the challenges I just feed all the results to everyone else here. I am a very bad person because I drink a lot of alcohol and thus cannot afford to eat too many calories.

Pan fried gammon with mustard sauce and a cauliflower with béchamel sauce.

View attachment 15486

We have suffered a water shortage up to this afternoon so I kept the pan usage to a minimum. It's all sorted now (we hope!).

I travel across a section of the Everglades on my west coast route (Florida). The water level in the retention canals is at least 6 feet below normal levels and the alligators seem to be standing on the canal bottom instead of swimming. Drought comes in cycles here. Many plants including sawgrass require fire to germinate and droughts are a natural occurrence to that end. Stupid people, building houses close to the Everglades and bitching when those fires threaten them. If you're going to mess with Mother Nature...... The name Pahayokee (Pay Hay O Key) given to the Everglades by the native people means "River of Grass".

It hasn't been eaten yet, but soon will be. Wild garlic is back at our local greengrocer's and is, quite naturally, a favourite among vegetarian vampire ducks. A kind of garlic duckweed, really. Today, this will be added as a garnish to some pasta, which not only adds to the taste, but is aesthetically pleasing.

They have also acquired some purple sprouting broccoli this morning, so we shall have some of that soon, as well.

Smaller portions are a good way to go to save on calories. I think @MrsDangermouse mentioned recently that she had lost weight that way.
Yep, 1 stone 9lbs down so far, mostly by eating the same things but less of them :okay: Which I'm pretty pleased with considering the food-fest that was Easter a couple of weeks ago and friends visiting last weekend.
I am a very bad person because I drink a lot of alcohol and thus cannot afford to eat too many calories.
I'm with you on that one! Over the week I try to "save up" some spare calories so I can indulge at the weekend.

Wild garlic is back at our local greengrocer's and is, quite naturally, a favourite among vegetarian vampire ducks. A kind of garlic duckweed, really. Today, this will be added as a garnish to some pasta, which not only adds to the taste, but is aesthetically pleasing
We grow it in the garden but I always forget about it.....think I might find a way to add it to tomorrow night's dinner.

I'm with you on that one! Over the week I try to "save up" some spare calories so I can indulge at the weekend.

If only I had the discipline - I drink every day. :oops: I once gave up drinking altogether for a year - unfortunately that led to a complete lack of interest in cooking or eating as well. I became very thin without any effort at all! The only problem was that I was incredibly bored. I ended up knitting obsessively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom