What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nature always seems to have a way, doesn't it.

You quit drinking, which caused you to lose weight, by which, of course, you would feel colder so you knitted more jumpers...

Craig marinated some chicken thighs yesterday in tequila, lime juice, honey, and possibly some other things, then grilled them. He also made a green sauce with roasted tomatillos and poblano chilis, onions, garlic and ??. Today he shredded the chicken, made guacamole, black beans, pickled red onions, and toasted some flour tortillas, as well as mixed the shredded chicken with red bell slices and onions, and sauteed. Soft chicken tacos and black beans were dinner. No pics tonight because it smelled too good and we were hungry. Maybe tomorrow since we have leftovers.

Dessert was encapsulated pina colada over pineapple and coconut snow with marschino cherry foam. This was first foray into molecular gastronomy. It's not perfect but a pretty good first try.

2018-04-16 19.24.59.jpg

Despite cooking Jamie's pork goulash on Sunday to eat on Tuesday evening, none of us felt like eating that last night so we sat around watching tv until about 8pm when I threw a box of frozen spring rolls in the oven & we ate them with a honey chilli soy sesame dipping sauce.

I made Chicken Jalfrezi with white rice and toasted naan tonight. It was delicious.

I used Sharwood's brand simmer sauce, then added slivered onions after rubbing the chicken in some extra cayenne, and heavy s&p. I over cooked the onions a bit as I like them still slightly crunchy, but otherwise I'l be making this again soon.

Teen boy in charge of tacos again tonight.

PlayStation/screens turned out to be a bit distracting so teen girl kicked him out & did it.

She’s sick with a cold so she cranked up the chilli level plus put all the hottest hot sauces out and added s sprinkle of Death Rain chilli powder to the salsa.

Cajun style roast chicken with roast potatoes and Chinese cabbage with béchamel sauce.

Cajun Chicken 1 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom