What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1330.JPG

Broccoli Cheddar Sumac Soup. Yes...I finally got sumac (via Amazon), and I'm trying it in everything. This gives the soup a taste that's something like saganaki (flaming Greek cheese) due to the citrus notes. I made this without using any butter or oil, so it's ultra light (my free trial with the site that @Herbie recommended has expired, so I will have to start paying so I can start giving you specifics).

Yum

Those oysters look stunning. Osso bucco gets a look in at least once a year here - usually with polenta “gnocchi” and salsa verde is delicious too.

Last night I put a huge serving tray on the bench and then chopped & tossed a bunch of salad stuff onto it with leftovers like frittata, some couscous studded with peas & pomegranate arils and some crispy bacon, drizzled it with oil from a jar of sun dried tomatoes and plonked some lemon wedges on it. Dinner ready in the time it took to crisp bacon.

I think I need “FSA” (food shopper anon) as this house is heaving with food.

Breakfast in the hotel in Whitstable. I think I drew the short straw. I fancied kippers - but as you may be able to see it was sadly overcooked and rather dry. His egg Florentine on poached smoked haddock was really rather good. But it was all very enjoyable - sitting outside looking over the sea.

fullsizeoutput_3187.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_318a.jpeg

Last night I put a huge serving tray on the bench and then chopped & tossed a bunch of salad stuff onto it with leftovers like frittata, some couscous studded with peas & pomegranate arils and some crispy bacon, drizzled it with oil from a jar of sun dried tomatoes and plonked some lemon wedges on it. Dinner ready in the time it took to crisp bacon.

That sound so Jamie Oliver! In a good way.

Oh man, I could go for those oysters, then the Osso Bucco.

We made Chicken Parm tonight, but didn't have mozzarella so a mixture of shredded M Jack and Colby. It was a pretty good substitution.

My son made rigatoni with fresh tomatoes, herbs, and goat cheese for a side dish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom