What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely! I feel inspired to make something similar - not today as we are off to stay in Canterbury for a few days. But when I get back. There is filo in the freezer.

It's good stuff! I like to make it in rolls, triangles or squares though since I like it better in individual oieces rather than a dish you have to cut.

Very light lunch today at home
20180424_093817.jpg IMG-20180424-WA0021.jpg IMG-20180424-WA0042.jpg

Filling: spreadable goat cheese, canned tuna, chopped fresh basil leaves, capers.

I made a mistake yesterday. I sliced the remainder of the bacon wrapped pork and re-heated it in the microwave. I should have left it cold.

7 s.jpg

Anyway, I ate it - with Chinese cabbage and Tater Tots®.

9 s.jpg

What are those tater tots coated with - it almost looks like kataifi pastry (which I'm sure its not). And - are you deep frying the fish and tots?

The potatoes were boiled whole for about 7 minutes then left to cool before being grated and mixed with garlic, sliced shallots and flour; formed into balls and deep fried (no coating). The fish was coated with beer batter and then deep fried.

The potatoes were boiled whole for about 7 minutes then left to cool before being grated and mixed with garlic, sliced shallots and flour; formed into balls and deep fried (no coating). The fish was coated with beer batter and then deep fried.

So, Mr expert deep-frier and egg-lover, @Yorky, why is it you haven't you joined in the Cookalong this time round? :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom