What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Tom Yum Gai & Goong

I brought home a kilo of prawn shells last night so I made a quick stock, strained, back into the pot with some gingery chicken broth from the freezer.

In with purchased Tom Yum paste & a whizzed up tin of tomatoes to give the broth some body.

Chunks of chicken breast, which I snipped with scissors once almost cooked before adding rice stick noodles, broccoli florets, prawns, home grown tatsoi greens.

Dinner in 30 minutes.

chad.jpg

Although, you have to be a serious chilli head to put many of these in your Tom Yam.

002.jpg

Thai prik kee noo (mouse droppings) chillis.

Also known as "bird's eye" or "chilli paddy".

Although, you have to be a serious chilli head to put many of these in your Tom Yam.

002.jpg

Thai prik kee noo (mouse droppings) chillis.

Also known as "bird's eye" or "chilli paddy".
The first time I heard that’s what Thais call them I laughed my butt off.

Birdseye are the most commonly available chilli here, never green though. Always red ripe.

I bought a huge container for $1 from the markets a while ago. They freeze well just as they are.

Fry onion, garlic, tomato & spices. Whiz.
Add lentils. A handful of every type in the house.
Brown tiny kofta & throw them in with peas.
Finish with spinach
Top with yogurt
Eat with pappadums

I scoured the freezer today and discovered the last known pack of chilli con carne. Bloody nuisance as I could have ordered more minced beef from my Western food supplier had I realised earlier. However, I guess that the guy in Buriram would have received it had I ordered it.

With bread.

8 s.jpg

I'm looking forward to tonight. We have friends coming over, so after realizing they've never had it before, I'm making Korean BBQ.

Appys will be salmon and eel sashimi, and tempura shrimp.

Then the Bbq: red lettuce leaf wraps of Sam Gyup Sal (spicy pork) with Ssamjang and shredded scallions,

The banchan will be seaweed salad, young kimchi, pickled veggies ( bean sprouts, dropwort, julienned carrots, and cucumbers), and pressed fish cakes.

Dessert is mochi coveted green tea ice cream.

I'll try to take pictures.

I'm looking forward to tonight. We have friends coming over, so after realizing they've never had it before, I'm making Korean BBQ.

Appys will be salmon and eel sashimi, and tempura shrimp.

Then the Bbq: red lettuce leaf wraps of Sam Gyup Sal (spicy pork) with Ssamjang and shredded scallions,

The banchan will be seaweed salad, young kimchi, pickled veggies ( bean sprouts, dropwort, julienned carrots, and cucumbers), and pressed fish cakes.

Dessert is mochi coveted green tea ice cream.

I'll try to take pictures.

Wow! This is a whole new menu to me... :hungry: Would love to see photos.

Ran my NuWave Elite Oven for the first time today to test it out.

NuWaveEliteTest01.png

NuWaveEliteTest02.png

It's a DiGiorno's Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza with added ingredients: Oregano, whole Garlic Cloves, Scallions, Mushrooms, Canadian Bacon and extra Shredded Cheese.

BTW: Max calories for a man is 2200, for a woman, 1600.

Today for me ...

20180427: 918C -877C = 41 Calories net input. 2200 Calories will normally get burned sedentary. So, I ought to loose some pounds this way.
4 Celery Stalks 40C
1 Small DiGiornos Stuffed Crust 670C
1 Slice Canadian Bacon 20C
1 Scallion 8C
4 Crimini Mushrooms 20C
0.25 Cup Shredded Cheese 110C
1 Cup V-8 Spicy 50

918C Total

Only 918 Calories and -877C for walking 17546 steps. That's better than 10,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom