What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, with potato salad, coleslaw, beets-n-horseradish, and Mother's cheese.

And rye bread.

Does it not look like ham?

Last edited:
20180401_180145.jpg

Morning.

The meal plan says that I’m making a beef mince & red lentil curry for dinner tonight. Not sure about that yet

Today so far (it isn’t 9am yet) I’ve bottled some cucumbers for pickles.

545DD0C5-A4C9-4BFD-8DCC-6221099915CF.jpeg

That’s 2 monsters that I found in the garden yesterday.

I also cut a lot of tomatoes in half - bigger than cherry smaller than roma - tossed them in a bowl with dried oregano, garlic oil doctored evoo, salt, balsamic & cracked black pepper before filling the dehydrator with them.

I’m only going for semi-dehydrated, I’ll store them in the fridge & freezer as I want them for lentil salads and pizza/ focaccia toppings.

Last edited:
I was told that this is ham - Virginia ham apparently.

Anyway, these are a few slices with potatoes, poached egg, tomatoes and some grass (and English mustard).

2 s.jpg

And the bleeding egg.

3 s.jpg

Is Moink a combination of Moo and Oink - so beef and pork?
Ding, ding, ding! A Moink ball is a beef meatball, rolled in rub and wrapped in bacon. Of course I can't stick with the basic model, so I stuffed mine with sauteed japs, onion and garlic. After the vege cooled I mixed in some grated colby-jack and cream cheese. This was another BBQ first for me, never having made them before. I used my cupcake/muffin tin thigh kit to cook them in. That made it really easy to flip at mid-cook and all the fat went into the bottom pan. Next it will be "Turtle Eggs".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom