What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the food photos look delicious. I'm staying at my lovely parents and had smoked mackerel with bean salad, couscous salad, leaves and tomato. Followed by raspberries. All salads bought, but delicious.

Mum and I are planning meringue experimenting tomorrow! Yikes! Prepare for photos of egg-white disasters.:toast:
That sounds fun. I haven't made meringues for a long time.

A tin of tomatoes small onion garlic small courgette and a hand full of spinach blitzed in the nutra bullet..then reduced down with a chicken stop pot....then spaghetti added

P1000893.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Today will be grilled cheddar smoked sausages, grilled onions and not sure what other sides. I know I need to use up some carrots.

I do not have the courage to cook dinner ... but I can not continue to eat salad or fruit salad. Maybe tonight a delivery pizza wants me :rolleyes:
Hi. I understand. This is why my talented sous chefs (small appliances) do most of the cooking in the summer.

Ah! That would be all those guys you have helping - like 'Ken'!
Oh no. Ken gets a vacation in the summer though since it was cool yesterday, he did get used.
Ken is the stove.
Dexter, Oscar Sr and Jr, Wes, Ben, Mike and Fabio all get used extensively. Big Bertha gets pulled out on occasion. She will be used tonight.

Mine are on strike.
Since it is nice here today. 70's F, I am boiling the dog some chicken thighs with a bit of garlic and lemon pepper.
I will have to say when the temperature becomes high 30's to low 40's C (95-over 100 F) cooking does become a bit more challenging. No one wants to stand over a hot stove.

We're going to eat the Thai beef curry I made last night. Never did get to eat it...the drywall guy came by to finish and brought his wife who we had to entertain on the back porch until after 9 pm...I think they are actually done...now on to painting...

Since it is nice here today. 70's F, I am boiling the dog some chicken thighs with a bit of garlic and lemon pepper.
I will have to say when the temperature becomes high 30's to low 40's C (95-over 100 F) cooking does become a bit more challenging. No one wants to stand over a hot stove.

Exatly, and these high temperatures aren't normal, mostly here in the North. In all the country 45/48 C..!! Well ok 36/37 C I can still cook, but 41/42 C no please, mercy. Thanks to exist delivery food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom