What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

Yesterday I grilled some chicken thighs that had been marinated in olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I threw together a quick pasta sauce using olive oil that I had roasted some garlic in, chopped onion, chopped fennel, thin sliced garlic, grape tomatoes, red pepper flakes, white wine, chicken stock, salt and pepper. No recipes were used nor harmed in this preparation! Spaghetti Ragati was the pasta of choice.

Lunch today was bread and butter pudding because that's what we wanted.

20180217_123221.jpg

Tonight I'm cooking monkfish fillet (bought in Saffron Walden market) in a sauce of tomatoes, red wine, olives (green and black), chillies and charred red pepper. Served with new potatoes. Rhubarb crumble and custard to follow. I'll try to take a photo but I hope to replicate the fish dish when I get home and photograph it properly.

I love mushroom risotto. I have gotten my DIL, GS and GD to eat it and beg for more. They all HATE mushrooms!.

To be honest I used to hate them, but that was because I only tried overcooked button mushrooms, I have since tried properly cooked 'shrooms and now I love the things.

Back
Top Bottom