What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

This evening my husband served home made cauliflower cheese with bacon and mushrooms

P_20180218_180233.jpg

I am in Italy until Monday until 11.55am ..

So, lunch at an event is a taste of this and that .. All highly traditional and authentic of the regions in which they come from.

The Proscuitto, The Wines, The Upstream wild Salmon, and the 24 month cured Parmesan from Parma were amazing ..

21D04E19-4FD0-48F2-8E3F-13F62179F11B.jpeg
A262AE86-E2A9-4C67-BD11-A80A834C0BC3.jpeg

Robert Irvine’s Public House, Las Vegas. If the following sounds like a yelp review, it’s because that’s what it is.

We weren't in the mood for fine dining, so this fit the bill perfectly. The prices might seem steep - $24 for a burger and fries - but the servings are colossal. The patty is an 8 ounce black Angus beef burger. I ordered the pub burger, which has ham, an over easy egg, and miso mayo, and is served on a buttermilk biscuit. As soon as I took a bite, the bottom of the bun disintegrated due to the egg yolk and other juices. Tasty, but completely impractical.

The meat itself didn't have the big beef flavor I expect when I pay this much fo a burger. It was okay, but that's all. I grind my own sirloin and other beef cuts when I make burgers, and I know they could do better.

But, everything else was great. The tater tots are super crispy, and the skin-on fries are excellent. My wife got a grilled chicken and bacon sandwich that was perfectly cooked with a nice ranch dressing. My daughter got a phenomenal buttermilk fried chicken with a tangy citrus sauce.

And, the service was also top notch. We'll definitely be back, but I think I'll pass on the burger.

Last edited:
At the Coca Cola store. The tray on the right has an assortment of ice cream floats, from orange to root beer. On the left are two trays comprising soft drinks of the world. My favorite was the Bon Bon Anglais from Madigascar, which reminds me of a coconut macaroon. I’m embarrassed to admit that my least favorite was the Beverly from Italy, which tastes like a cross between club soda and baking soda. Must be an acquired taste.
DF0CCD2D-9EDE-4F87-91BF-2CE4678D2B26.jpeg

Last edited:
I prepped the cheese mixture, meat mixture and sauce for lasagna yesterday. We will have that tonight and the extra pan will be frozen. Dinner was grill pork chops, bell pepper and onion medley over rice. The chops were marinated in an Asian style marinade with pineapple juice.

I am in Italy until Monday until 11.55am ..

So, lunch at an event is a taste of this and that .. All highly traditional and authentic of the regions in which they come from.

The Proscuitto, The Wines, The Upstream wild Salmon, and the 24 month cured Parmesan from Parma were amazing ..

@MypinchofItaly & @The Late Night Gourmet

My heart is in Venezia and my taste buds !! Ha Ha ..

Having had another grand gastro adventure to write about !!! And to remember ..

Hope you both had a marvelous weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom