What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

Grilled Fresh Wild Seppia ( Squid ) with Baked Polenta ..

AAFRANCESCASEPPIAPOLENTA20180217_205348.jpg

B7C21D7E-69EA-40B3-9F29-745A662FC6A0.jpeg
2289BC68-1CEE-4BF6-8EEC-DF8251269B7D.jpeg
31D7FC4F-B507-4B79-9A1D-E45428BE393E.jpeg

Another day, another Yelp review, this time at Hell’s Kitchen Las Vegas

The first thing you hear when you walk in is loud, contemporary Rock & Roll music. You expect to hear quiet concerto chords when you eat at a fancy restaurant, so this is a cool surprise. The decor is bright and bold and in your face, but everyone from the hostess to the guy who refills your water was friendly and professional. The contrasting impressions seem like a reflection of the owner's personality. And, yeah, one half of the kitchen staff wears blue and the other wears red, just like on the show.

Fortunately, the food lives up to the expectations. We started with the wagyu meatballs, which has such a fantastic beef flavor that it almost didn't need the (excellent) sauce and the (fresh and chewy) mozzarella. The Caesar salad was nothing special (just lettuce, a cheese tuile, and a few croutons), but the tangy dressing was a nice surprise. I really wish I had gotten a second order of meatballs instead.

The short rib grilled cheese sandwich was phenomenal. This is was really all about the beef, but the creamy cheese worked perfectly with it. It came with fingerling potato chips, which were tasty but small and crumbly (since fingerlings are small). The New York Strip was perfectly prepared and tasty.

And, service was outstanding throughout. Definitely worth a return visit.

View attachment 13954 View attachment 13955 View attachment 13953

Another day, another Yelp review, this time at Hell’s Kitchen Las Vegas

The first thing you hear when you walk in is loud, contemporary Rock & Roll music. You expect to hear quiet concerto chords when you eat at a fancy restaurant, so this is a cool surprise. The decor is bright and bold and in your face, but everyone from the hostess to the guy who refills your water was friendly and professional. The contrasting impressions seem like a reflection of the owner's personality. And, yeah, one half of the kitchen staff wears blue and the other wears red, just like on the show.

Fortunately, the food lives up to the expectations. We started with the wagyu meatballs, which has such a fantastic beef flavor that it almost didn't need the (excellent) sauce and the (fresh and chewy) mozzarella. The Caesar salad was nothing special (just lettuce, a cheese tuile, and a few croutons), but the tangy dressing was a nice surprise. I really wish I had gotten a second order of meatballs instead.

The short rib grilled cheese sandwich was phenomenal. This is was really all about the beef, but the creamy cheese worked perfectly with it. It came with fingerling potato chips, which were tasty but small and crumbly (since fingerlings are small). The New York Strip was perfectly prepared and tasty.

And, service was outstanding throughout. Definitely worth a return visit.

@The Late Night Gourmet

Definitely with a name like Hell´s Kitchen, I would expect " Born to be Wild " verses some sleepy classics like Mozart in background or dentist office music !
Biker Music !!! Bruce Springstein, Steppenwolf, Credence Clearwater, and the music of the Peter Fonda & Dennis Hopper film ..

Back
Top Bottom