What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Masterchef and there was a masterclass using savoury sabayone. I used to make the sweet version years back but have never tried savoury. Its delicious and not difficult. So...cod with wine sabayone (zabaglione), crayfish and seaweed:

fullsizeoutput_2a3a.jpeg

Our dinner tonight was a great improvement over last night. Long story, but high end northern Italian restaurant that USED to be a favorite. Anyway, first course was a crudo, dry packed scallop recipe with citrus/habanero and Annatto oil drizzles, with a south American potato salad. Recipes courtesy of Chef Norman Van Aken. Second course was seared scallops with more potato salad if wanted, I think both of us ended up eating just our scallops for the most part. We had a bottle of Prosecco to go with.

2018-01-20 18.08.30.jpg

2018-01-20 18.07.18.jpg

Absolutely perfection! Up there with the best high end seafood. You can't beat dry packed, diver scallops! I'm so glad we limited ourselves to 14 scallops.

Our dinner tonight was a great improvement over last night. Long story, but high end northern Italian restaurant that USED to be a favorite. Anyway, first course was a crudo, dry packed scallop recipe with citrus/habanero and Annatto oil drizzles, with a south American potato salad. Recipes courtesy of Chef Norman Van Aken. Second course was seared scallops with more potato salad if wanted, I think both of us ended up eating just our scallops for the most part. We had a bottle of Prosecco to go with.

View attachment 13065
View attachment 13066

Looks lovely!

Reminds me of Little Johnny at school where the teacher asked him "If I give you two cauliflowers and then give you three more, how many will you have?".

"Six miss".

"No Johnny, I give you three and then two more so how many do you now have?"

"Six miss".

"How do you calculate that?"

"I already have one at home".

[I'll get my coat!]

I love cauliflower......
I made Friday night's leftovers into a curry last night. There was enough oil and butter left in the pan to avoid adding any more, and the roasted veggies absolutely soaked in the curry flavours (made from "my" Victorian curry powder, extra chilli powder, dried coriander leaves, and white pepper). The remaining sauce was mopped up with a thick chunk of home made wholemeal bread.
I haven't a clue what I will have tonight yet. My cold has returned, and it started sleeting when I took the mutt out for a walk, so I was cold and wet when I got home. I had a toasted paneer and pickle sandwich for lunch with a couple of cups of tea; then I went back to bed until a few minutes ago. A cup of hot chocolate is warming me up at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom