What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. No booking or signing in. Just pass reception to the cafeteria on the right. Is basic. Grab a tray and pick up bowls of the food you want. Pay at till. Find a spot on the long tables. Jugs of tap water on tables. Good cheap home cooked Indian meal. Think it is cash only.

One of our local colleges has a restaurant run entirely by students of their professional cookery courses. It has a varied menu and also includes themed menus, the choice of meals reflecting the students' course requirements. It is only open a maximum of four days per week during term times plus one evening per week. For example, you can get a 3 course lunch for £7.50, or a 5 course gourmet dinner for £18.50. It has had some very good write ups and it can be quite difficult to book a table.

Hainanese chicken rice and pepper and coriander soup.

Served 2 s.jpg

That looks delicious @Yorky

I roasted some root vegetables, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and Brussel sprouts tonight. Lots of olive oil and butter, and garlic, parsley and thyme with a handful of chopped pecan nuts. Very filling, and there are enough potatoes, onions and tomatoes left to incorporate in something for tomorrow.

The finished product (with jacket potato, sweetcorn, peas, mushrooms and yoghurt based pepper sauce). Very tasty.

I added much more sauce after the image was captured :hungry:

Served s.jpg

Tonight we will go out to dinner with some friends and for the first time after my discomfort two years ago for eating some not really fresh Japanese food, tonight I'll try again. And hopefully everything will be fine.

I have been under the weather with a nasty cold since last Sunday. Huddled in my recliner next to the fireplace, wrapped in a blanket. Fortunately there is plenty of food in the freezer. Gumbo, beefy vegetable soup, turkey celery soup, cauliflower soup, pork roast, turkey, roasted chicken. All George has had to do is steam, roast or pan grill veggies. He is hunting with his best friend this weekend. I know he wants a new meal when he gets home tomorrow. Fortunately I am feeling better. I have shrimp defrosting and will replicate my Aubergine My Way recipe. I am debating between a side of salad or mushroom risotto. It is nap time so I will sleep on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom