What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far... (and competing for daylight to get things photographed)

Apulian tarallucci with fennel seeds
PSX_20180103_181541.jpg

Red chicory (Radicchio) rolls stuffed with gorgonzola and walnuts cream.
View attachment 12673

I love radicchio! I have some red chicory in the fridge at the moment. What we call red chicory is the long leaved kind. Radicchio is the curled leaf type which is rounder in shape which is I think what you are using.

This is the type of chicory I have at the moment.

LN_092330_BP_11.jpg

I love radicchio! I have some red chicory in the fridge at the moment. What we call red chicory is the long leaved kind. Radicchio is the curled leaf type which is rounder in shape which is I think what you are using.

This is the type of chicory I have at the moment.

View attachment 12679

I love it too and it's the right time for it. I have the same like yours only a bit more fatty. I'll post the pic then.

Wednesday night's dinner was a simple courgette, tomato and carrot curry with home made onion bhajis and home made mini poppadums, followed by a rice pudding and a large glass of red :D

The curry was hotter than usual, possibly because I've recently made a fresh batch of "my" curry powder. The onion bhajis were baked, which is less messy than deep frying them. The poppadums were a bit dryer than they should have been, so I added a drop of water and re-rolled them, but although they were nice and crispy and full of flavour they still didn't seem quite right. That may be because I was using cannellini flour instead of chickpea flour - it doesn't have the same colour for a start, and seems to soak up more liquid than chickpea flour. They tasted fine; it was just the texture that let them down a little bit.

Veg curry with onion bhajis and poppadums.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom