What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
England-to-U.S. translations aren't much different than me learning NEW England -to-Ohio translations when we moved here. Some days I still feel like I'm living in a foreign land. Just so long as they don't require passports until we move back to Ohio, I'm all set.

Dinner. Well, wasn't in the mood in spite of needing to use up the leftover rice-and-beans and having defrosted chicken breasts overnight in the fridge. Hubby suggested we go out. Hmm, that would require putting make-up on and adding a certain piece of undergarment underneath a top...and a different top, no less, since I was in slopping-around-the-house clothes. Ended up sending hubby out to grill the chicken, which was highly seasoned with a Mexican blend (Penzeys' Salsa and Pico blend) while I warmed the rice, etc, grated cheeses, and heated up some salsa. Ta Da!

View attachment 8452

Halfway through supper he asked "can you feel like not cooking more often?" I think he liked it. :wink:
Agreeing with you on the translation. Texas to rest of country lol.
Every region cooks a bit different. On that note: I picked up a New Mexico cookbook the other day. It was divided into Indian/Old Mexico/Chile/Mesilla Valley/Santa Fe/Albuquerque/Taos/things that didn't fit any of those.
Very different recipes in each chapter.

Today will be something with ground beef, I think cabbage and not sure.

Yes, a chili cook-off is a good idea.

Them Texans think the sun shines only on them when it comes to chili.

Our dinner tonight is seared tuna steaks with a roasted garlic/peanut/soy/ginger dipping sauce. My wife is making veggie fried rice as an accompanyment. Accompaniment. Accomp...

As a side. (Sorry, Elawin)

Agreeing with you on the translation. Texas to rest of country lol.
Every region cooks a bit different. On that note: I picked up a New Mexico cookbook the other day. It was divided into Indian/Old Mexico/Chile/Mesilla Valley/Santa Fe/Albuquerque/Taos/things that didn't fit any of those.
Very different recipes in each chapter.
It's not a lot different in the UK either these days. There are so many different nationalities living in the UK that food can be quite interesting, although most of my love of non-English food was acquired abroad. A lot of counties also still have their old traditional dishes too. Slightly OT - It reminded me of when I worked for the London office of a large Germany company - one of my colleagues asked me to speak to their Glasgow office because he couldn't understand the accent - I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't either. I've got a Glaswegian/English dictionary somewhere in my library.....

Yes, a chili cook-off is a good idea.

Them Texans think the sun shines only on them when it comes to chili.

Our dinner tonight is seared tuna steaks with a roasted garlic/peanut/soy/ginger dipping sauce. My wife is making veggie fried rice as an accompanyment. Accompaniment. Accomp...

As a side. (Sorry, Elawin)
Hey I think we just found a winter cookalong. I know @Chief Longwind makes chili. @The Late Night Gourmet loves spicy foods.
What do you say?

Tonight's dinner - lasagne made with the left-over dough from last night, and containing onions, mushrooms, garlic and spring greens as well as the usual ingredients, and accompanied with a bottle of Sauvignon blanc - Australian, bought in England, and sent from Germany by my Greek ex. Confused? You will be :D

Homemade pizza tonight. I made two versions. I often cook things two ways to cater for the meat eaters and the vegetarian. This is my daughter's vegetarian one. A simple Margherita with olives, oregano and sliced caper berries:

20170626_210211.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom