What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a lot different in the UK either these days. There are so many different nationalities living in the UK that food can be quite interesting, although most of my love of non-English food was acquired abroad. A lot of counties also still have their old traditional dishes too. Slightly OT - It reminded me of when I worked for the London office of a large Germany company - one of my colleagues asked me to speak to their Glasgow office because he couldn't understand the accent - I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't either. I've got a Glaswegian/English dictionary somewhere in my library.....
If you go to the middle of Texas, you get a German influence, if you go over to Southeast Texas, you get the Cajun/creole influence.

I have decided on dinner. It will be Golubtsy, without the prunes. That is stuffed cabbage rolls in Sour-Cream sauce. I found the recipe in Time/Life Foods of the World Recipes: Russian Cooking.
Yes, inspired by our newest member and my refrigerator.

I have decided on dinner. It will be Golubtsy, without the prunes. That is stuffed cabbage rolls in Sour-Cream sauce. I found the recipe in Time/Life Foods of the World Recipes: Russian Cooking.
Yes, inspired by our newest member and my refrigerator.

That sounds most interesting! I really wish you would post a recipe/photos.

Cook's night off - it was Cook's birthday. :birthday: Being a cheapskate frugal person, I took advantage of a casual dining chain offer of a free hamburger or a free salad buffet bar. The location nearest to our house is fairly reliable for their food quality and well-maintained salad bar. I did get a burger, and exchanged my French fries for the salad bar for a small up-charge. That way I got the best of both worlds! Love salad, but spend way too much time preparing them. Hubby had a chicken breast with BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheddar-ish cheese, a pile of onion rings, and salad bar. I'm good with someone else's cooking for a while now!

Homemade pizza tonight. I made two versions. I often cook things two ways to cater for the meat eaters and the vegetarian. This is my daughter's vegetarian one. A simple Margherita with olives, oregano and sliced caper berries:

I note that you also prefer the pizza cut into six slices. You know it makes sense.

Pasta with tomato sauce and celery leaves
IMG-20170628-WA0012.jpg

Cook's night off - it was Cook's birthday. :birthday: Being a cheapskate frugal person, I took advantage of a casual dining chain offer of a free hamburger or a free salad buffet bar. The location nearest to our house is fairly reliable for their food quality and well-maintained salad bar. I did get a burger, and exchanged my French fries for the salad bar for a small up-charge. That way I got the best of both worlds! Love salad, but spend way too much time preparing them. Hubby had a chicken breast with BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheddar-ish cheese, a pile of onion rings, and salad bar. I'm good with someone else's cooking for a while now!

Happy Birthday, LG!

Eating all of those salads will keep you 29 forever. I hope so, because everywhere you go, you make that place a little better. All the best for another 365.

:thumbsup: :birthday:Happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom