What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely. I like the use of celery leaves. Here, most people throw them away!

Also here. But my dad is from Puglia, a very famous region for the vegetables and the manner of cooking them. My grandmother prepared this when I was a child and so my dad. My husband don't like it so much. It's a strange taste, I don't mind it. But in Puglia this sauce is fantastic. They use fresh tomatoes instead of tomato sauce as I did...well, the taste with fresh tomatoes is the best.

Last edited:
I am yet to attempt traditional Melton Mowbray style pork pie. It could be a contender for the Cookalong but perhaps its a but 'Brit niche'. What I'm really wanting to see is it cut open! Would you care to post the recipe...?
IMG_1643.JPG

Hey I think we just found a winter cookalong. I know @Chief Longwind makes chili. @The Late Night Gourmet loves spicy foods.
What do you say?
But it is winter... Too darn cold to stay out of bed long I at night now. Yesterday didn't make it into double figures... a nice warm winter meal is on the books for tomorrow!

Fantastic! Really... what did you put in the filling? Have you got a bamboo work surface like me (it looks a bit similar)?
Ok:
400g pork shoulder, coarsly minced.
55g belly pork, finely minced.
55g unsmoked bacon, coarsly minced.
1 teaspoon each of allspice, nutmeg, celery salt, garlic powder.
Salt & pepper.

Yes, it is a bamboo worktop, and a bamboo chopping board!

Ok:
400g pork shoulder, coarsly minced.
55g belly pork, finely minced.
55g unsmoked bacon, coarsly minced.
1 teaspoon each of allspice, nutmeg, celery salt, garlic powder.
Salt & pepper.

Yes, it is a bamboo worktop, and a bamboo chopping board!

Thanks! The bamboo looks good I think - I have a bamboo floor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom