What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those look perfectly over easy.

That and Yorky's usually incredible eggs makes me crave them again

I don't think I'd ever wanted eggs so much in my life before I started chatting here.

I have been taking pills for the last two days and my wife is adamant that I must eat first. Therefore she's been cooking boiled eggs and soldiers for me. These are not they but you get the idea.

boiled eggs s.jpg

This was taken a while ago.

Wow, @epicuric, @morning glory standards of photography! The meal looks really delicious, by the way.
Thank you very much! But the photo was just a lucky snap on an iPhone. @morning glory (and a few others on here) are real photography pros. You can easily get into weird discussions about vegamite lids and grey paper if you're not careful!

I have been taking pills for the last two days and my wife is adamant that I must eat first. Therefore she's been cooking boiled eggs and soldiers for me. These are not they but you get the idea.

View attachment 6910

This was taken a while ago.
Just ho many eggs do you get through in a week @Yorky ? You seem a highly committed consumer - I thoroughly approve by the way.

Thank you very much! But the photo was just a lucky snap on an iPhone. @morning glory (and a few others on here) are real photography pros. You can easily get into weird discussions about vegamite lids and grey paper if you're not careful!

Well, @morning glory has spoken of the importance of using natural light and I entirely get that. I get the impression that you were eating Al Fresco, at an outside table? It certainly appears like that photograph is in natural light. But the other thing that @morning glory has not made specific mention of, but is very clear to me in her photographs, is her judicious choice of backgrounds for her photographs. Her food itself is invariably, or certainly very often, colourful and she always chooses background colours that are very effective in accentuating those colours. Whether or not you intended it, that is another key to the photograph you posted here. That background colour is excellent, it seems to me at accentuating the colours and the general appearance of the meal. It is, I feel, a significant factor in why that picture is so good.

Well my lunch today was left-over pork and black pudding mix made into meatballs served with fried eggs as a bit of a bacon alternative. And very nice it was too. The eggs are runny, cooked what Americans would call over-easy, but I'm afraid no photo of that. You'll just have to take my word for it. Actually, the other thing the photo doesn't show, I must confess, I did have a little HP sauce with those meatballs. now don't be telling me that I should make my own brown sauce!

View attachment 6909

HP sauce is great!

Well, @morning glory has spoken of the importance of using natural light and I entirely get that. I get the impression that you were eating Al Fresco, at an outside table? It certainly appears like that photograph is in natural light. But the other thing that @morning glory has not made specific mention of, but is very clear to me in her photographs, is her judicious choice of backgrounds for her photographs. Her food itself is invariably, or certainly very often, colourful and she always chooses background colours that are very effective in accentuating those colours. Whether or not you intended it, that is another key to the photograph you posted here. That background colour is excellent, it seems to me at accentuating the colours and the general appearance of the meal. It is, I feel, a significant factor in why that picture is so good.

Background is important. As is plating. Decorative plates tend to detract from the food and produce a 'fussy' image. Anything can be used as a 'background' - just keep it plain.

The camera angle is good. That isn't luck.
I cannot claim credit for any of those factors. The background was the kitchen table, the light came in through the window and the camera angle merely chosen to cut out the rest of the debris on the table - wine, cutlery, napkins etc. Just one of those lucky shots I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom