What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is understandable. We booked a table at a Loch Fyne restaurant in Nottingham, most tables were empty but they offered us a tiny table next to the door to the toilets, I refused and asked to be seated elsewhere, don't want to eat a meal close to that smell :yuck:

I think you missed the point - the restaurant was revolving. The toilet, presumably, wasn't?

That is understandable. We booked a table at a Loch Fyne restaurant in Nottingham, most tables were empty but they offered us a tiny table next to the door to the toilets, I refused and asked to be seated elsewhere, don't want to eat a meal close to that smell :yuck:

The restaurant was revolving. Every 30 minutes or so you would be seated next to the toilets!

The buffet food also didn't revolve. It was a challenge to plan your serving at a point when you could still see your table after loading up.

On the other hand - how would that work? Now I'm confused! :scratchhead:

The toilet, kitchen and lifts don't revolve and neither does the external walls and windows. Only the floor where the tables are actually placed moves.

That's what I thought. But how do you go to the toilet then? Is it moving really slowly so you can 'step off into the loo'?

It revolved very slowly - about 30 minutes for a full 360 degrees I would guess.

Back to "what did you cook today" -

Gammon, paprika potatoes (not crispy) peas, poached egg and English mustard.

gammon paprika pots 2 s.jpg

gammon paprika pots 3 s.jpg

On the other hand - how would that work? Now I'm confused! :scratchhead:

I'm not sure if it is the case for every revolving restaurant, but usually, there is an outer ring that revolves and all the tables are located on that outer ring, but the central part of the building does not revolve. Usually, the lift comes up the middle, and when you step off the lift, you can never be certain which part of the restaurant you will find in front of you. And hesitating to state the obvious, of course, the speed of revolution is very slow. Commonly, you can't even tell it is revolving, the clue that it really is revolving is when, ten minutes later, you look out the window and find yourself looking at a completely different view.

If it is any kind of a decent restaurant, distance between tables and toilets should be sufficient for that not to be an issue - not to mention the general cleanliness of the toilets. The more common objection to being seated anywhere near the door that leads into the toilet is just traffic. Again, smart restaurant owners try to come up with a layout that means that no part of the dining area should experience more passage of people - for whatever purpose - than any other.

Well my lunch today was left-over pork and black pudding mix made into meatballs served with fried eggs as a bit of a bacon alternative. And very nice it was too. The eggs are runny, cooked what Americans would call over-easy, but I'm afraid no photo of that. You'll just have to take my word for it. Actually, the other thing the photo doesn't show, I must confess, I did have a little HP sauce with those meatballs. now don't be telling me that I should make my own brown sauce!

IMG_1042.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom