What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shacked up???? We are legally betrothed :love:
Forgive me. Its the same thing in my world. Being an old hippy or something, I don't recognise these strange archaic ceremonies. :ohmy: I did get married once when I was 18 (no idea why - it might have been to get away from home). It ended quite quickly with no kids, thankfully.

But anyway, it actually took me a little while to realise you were a couple when you both started posting. Could just be that I'm slow!

Yup, got it. She set her hooks in you a while back, and now you have to share your chilli.

Were there beans in it?

I'd say there were red kidney beans in there - in the UK we generally add beans. I often use red kidney beans but I also like to use black beans for their smoky drama. See here.

Last edited:
I'd say there were red kidney beans in there - in the UK we generally add beans. I like to use black beans for their smoky drama.
I am starting to get used to chilli without beans. My daughter is intolerant to pulses as well as lactose. It's getting confusing having a daughter who has a completely different set of intolerances and allergies to me, and a granddaughter who has a completely different set of intolerances and allergies to either of us :laugh: I daren't ask my other granddaughter.....:unsure:

And, for the record, I prefer my chilli with a big chunk of fresh bread :D

The restaurant was the tallest in the city and had fabulous views of the sea one side, and the Marina/city the other.

Reminds me of a time a colleague of mine took his wife to the revolving restaurant on top of the Furama Hong Kong Hotel. His wife asked the waiter if they could be seated away from the toilet.

Reminds me of a time a colleague of mine took his wife to the revolving restaurant on top of the Furama Hong Kong Hotel. His wife asked the waiter if they could be seated away from the toilet.

That is understandable. We booked a table at a Loch Fyne restaurant in Nottingham, most tables were empty but they offered us a tiny table next to the door to the toilets, I refused and asked to be seated elsewhere, don't want to eat a meal close to that smell :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom