What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking delicious as always. Sorry if I asked before (memory is getting worse!) - but what cheese are you using on the pizza? Can you get mozzarella in Thailand?

Yes, it's mozzarella.

Funnily enough we've been able to get mozzarella for about 15 years but at that time it was only available in 2 kg catering packs. More recently the "Caroline" brand has become available in 200 gm packs for just over £3.00/pack. There's 100 gm on that pizza.

caroline.jpg

The soup looks very interesting - is there a recipe for it?
I posted a Hot & Sour Cabbage Soup recipe that's very similar. The differences here are that I removed the cabbage and tomato, and added mushrooms (at the beginning) and tofu (at the end). I normally also add pork or chicken to a hot & sour soup, but I didn't have any on hand, so I went veg-only.

I completely understand the feeling! I didn't make anything to speak of (aside from breakfast burritos) for the last week or so, until what I made last night. And, your omelettes - like my burritos - are likely a good sight better than what you'd get at most restaurants.

I am not sure I would call my efforts restaurant standard! but I do think better than a takaway or ready meal. Could you post your burrito recipe, please? That sounds like something we would like.

Another roast tonight then some sort of coconut soupy curry thing tomorrow with the leftovers I think. I want something warming with lots of vegetables.

Could you post your burrito recipe, please? That sounds like something we would like.
Funny, but I've never written any of this down. I will say that I have had a lot of fun combining ingredients to make a "themed burrito". This normally includes ingredients I've either prepared for something else, or perhaps a left-over of a meal from a restaurant. Note that egg is always a requirement to make something a "breakfast" burrito. Since I don't plan these very far ahead, the specific ingredients might not be 100% authentic (I know there are Polish cheeses, but Swiss tastes so good that I just go with it). For example:
  • Polish Breakfast Burrito - egg, Swiss, sauerkraut, tomato sauce, and kielbasa (I had this last week)
  • Italian Breakfast Burrito - egg, mozzarella, marinara or pesto, and Italian sausage
  • Korean Breakfast Banh Mitto (Banh Mi Burrito) - egg, kimchi, pork, and cilantro with a homemade banh mi sauce (mayo, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice, gochujang, and rice vinegar)
  • Breakfast Reuburrito (Reuben Burrito) - egg, Swiss, corned beef, and sauerkraut with homemade thousand island dressing (I had this today)

Last edited:
Interesting @latenightgourmet
I'm experimenting with eggs since I've discovered I don't react to fresh eggs (dairy intolerant and reacted to eggs for years but eggs a day or two old from the local farm have been fine). I've tried the Mexican and Israeli dishes (based on egg and tomato) but find I need something less planned (for veg box I get delivered in Midlands of England).

We occasionally do a full English and often have Manx kippers (husband's grandfather was Manx), so could experiment with using a (gf) tortilla wrap, some egg, tomato, chili, etc. I also need to experiment with local breakfast but need to create gluten free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom