What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at this meal I didn't think it was very photogenic so I was reluctant even to get the camera out. But I did. And as it tasted very good I shall post the images anyway.

bacon eggs s.jpg

bacon eggs 1 s.jpg

...I note you have cauliflower. It makes a decent cabbage replacement in coleslaw if you shred it finely...
Thanks for the suggestion, @Frizz1974, but I'll be getting cabbage later this week. I'll need coleslaw for another meal later. I'm hanging on to the cauliflower for a cheese soup when we finally cool off in a couple of days. I also want to make a batch of refrigerator Giardiniera. We do like using it for faux mashed potatoes, too.

We had a cold plate of leftover potato salad, plus tuna salad, fresh tomatoes, and deviled eggs.

We eat a lot of eggs here (we have to - keep getting them given) and I prepare them in many different ways. How do you prepare your devilled eggs?

IMG_0909a.jpg

When it comes to food, I always fall for a pretty face, and I can't think of anything prettier than this Roasted Purple Yam Soup I made last night. This orange circles are blops of habanero jelly (I'll post the recipe soon). There's a shrimp at the top of the bowl, and the edge of two shiitake mushroom slices peeking out nearby. Very tasty, and very spicy (even without the habanero jelly).

Color enhancement courtesy of @morning glory. :okay:

Last edited:
It was hot-hot here today - well, not Thailand hot, but hot-hot for me. We had a cold plate of leftover potato salad, plus tuna salad, fresh tomatoes, and deviled eggs. I tossed the greens with a champagne vinaigrette. If you look really hard, you can see them hiding under everything else.View attachment 10591

You are always making salads look so appetising. Mine always look a bit messy but I'm working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom