What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saffron Vegetable Stew with Chick Peas and Fennel Seeds

20170909_154552.jpg

Friday night's dinner was an inauspicious grazing through leftovers. The stars of the meal, however, were the bakery treats we picked up while at our favorite Italian bakery earlier in the day. After a few bites of Cleveland-style Cassata cake, and a cannoli (with the ends dipped in chocolate before filling), I think I've well exceeded my calorie count for the rest of September! :unsure:

Nothing special today since it's been a sportsball kind of day around here. I made up a crudite platter and served it up with lemon hummus. Hubby and I each made our own sandwiches: I had ham, farmer's cheese, and baby spinach in a whole-wheat wrap; hubby had salami and colby-jack cheese on buttermilk bread with a schmear of spicy mustard. When our daughter got home from work, I made a ham-and-cheese wrap for her, too. Our poor son stayed at his place, deciding to moan softly to himself while he waits out the time until he can get a painful wisdom tooth extracted - which will not be until Tuesday! :(

Wow! What an incredible colour! I've used purple carrots before - the only disappointment is that they taste exactly the same as orange ones (at least, mine did).

@morning glory thank you!
yes also mine have the similar taste than orange ones but a little less sweet. I really love them even if they stain a lot!

Bought weeks ago at a cheese show it was well past it's use by date. Do I care?

I've had Cheddar cheese in the chiller tray for 6 months. Just trim off the mold, no problem.

[Edit: OK. maybe not 6 months but definitely 3 months plus]

I've had Cheddar cheese in the chiller tray for 6 months. Just trim off the mold, no problem.
A cheese maker once told me that if the mold is normal blue/green then it wont hurt you. If it's a weird colour, like orange, then steer well clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom