What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.L.T. Wheat bread bacon fat dipped, of course.

BLT sept 2 s.jpg

IMG_0884.JPG

For a change, I'm starting the week with something light: Cod Ceviche on Snack Factory Pretzel Thins (Everything flavor), and Thai Coconut Soup. The ceviche consists of Calabrian chili peppers, arugula, red onion, and ginger, and was soaked in a lemon and lime juice for 30 minutes before draining. The soup is the second half of the batch I made 2 weeks ago, defrosted and as good as new. You can't see it, but there are quite a few shiitake mushroom slices below the surface.

We were spared. Other Caribbean territories were devastated.
My sister lives in Tampa, Florida. It looked like the brunt of the storm was headed her way, but it reduced in intensity somewhat. Her house was boarded up and sand bags were applied, and her house was hit by 95 MPH winds. But, in the end, she had no property damage to speak of, and she didn't even lose power. Incredible. I was worried over the last few days, and I urged her to evacuate, but it seems that she knew what she was doing in staying!

My sister lives in Tampa, Florida. It looked like the brunt of the storm was headed her way, but it reduced in intensity somewhat. Her house was boarded up and sand bags were applied, and her house was hit by 95 MPH winds. But, in the end, she had no property damage to speak of, and she didn't even lose power. Incredible. I was worried over the last few days, and I urged her to evacuate, but it seems that she knew what she was doing in staying!
I have friends in Miami but so far I have heard from most and they are fine. It was quite scary. In the end the Caribbean got the most damage with Category 5 winds to contend with in some cases. I am glad your sister is fine.I am sure she could do well with some Cod Ceviche and Coconut soup.:)

...and Guacamole for tomorrow's lunch box (son starts an Access to University course at College tomorrow as a mature student). Vegan lunch boxes are quite challenging! He will have vegan cheese, rocket and tomato sandwiches, vegetable crudités with the guacamole, strawberries and melon pieces and a cereal bar (or two).

20170911_150613.jpg

I've tried it now, just a teaspoon full. It has a kick and the 'zing' remained on my lips for almost 15 minutes.
That is definitely too hot for me! Enjoy it enough for both of us.

Hubby grilled some homemade beef burgers on our daughter's outside gas grill. I popped some potato crowns into the oven to bake. We had burgers on brioche rolls with choice of mayonnaise, ketchup, or four different mustards, and a bit of lettuce and cheese. Easy peasy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom