What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Are those carrots cooked or raw? The purple carrots we get here tend to lose their colour when cooked.

I cooked the carrots with a couple of potatoes and half onion all covered with the vegetable broth and when they were softened, I' ve blended everything with the mixer by adding a small piece of leftover goat cheese that I had in the fridge.
I think that adding something with the lighter color (like potatoes and then the piece of cheese) maybe have helped to give them the original color.

A cheese maker once told me that if the mold is normal blue/green then it wont hurt you. If it's a weird colour, like orange, then steer well clear

I've never seen orange mold but..........

We must remember..........

"Blessed are the cheesemakers".

Wow. Are those carrots cooked or raw? The purple carrots we get here tend to lose their colour when cooked.

I didn't find that at all - here are before and after roasted root veg which included purple carrots:

IMGP1679.jpg

IMGP1681.jpg

beauvale-300g-26-p[ekm]220x220[ekm].jpg

Just tucking in to a pre-lunch tapas - ham, salami, sundried tomatoes, olives, home made chutney, and some of this adorable Beauvale cheese from the Cropwell Bishop Creamery. Bought weeks ago at a cheese show it was well past it's use by date. Do I care?

It looks just fine!

I've tried it now, just a teaspoon full. It has a kick and the 'zing' remained on my lips for almost 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom