What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salmon with an Egg Yolk, Creamed Horseradish and Crumb Crust. The final variant of a recipe from Readers Digest Good Food.

Served on a bed of lettuce with new potatoes (Jersey Royals) and cherry tomatoes scattered on top. I added the cherry tomatoes to the pan next to the salmon for a minute or so first.

I'll defo be doing this again, but might use a griddle pan to make it more visually appealing.

DSC_1023.jpg
DSC_1024.jpg

I'm actually down here in my old state for a concerted push to do housework and sorting on my old house so I can sell the blasted thing - and there's no real kitchen implements here any more. Nothing fancy to eat in house, just functional.

Sounds like you are eating very well to fortify you for the work in hand!

We went out tonight to a new Mexican (Mayan) place. Our new favorite. A bit of a drive, but worth it. They make guacamole tableside to order/made to your specs. We had a corn salsa as well. Their complimentary salsa was good. Craig asked for some spicy. It was HOLY SH....! For me when I tried just a tiny dip of a point of a chip. He liked it though. I had pork belly tacos. He had sour orange marinated pork fajitas that came out sizzling and remained that way for quite a while. Both dishes came with refried black beans and Mexican rice. Best refried black beans I've ever had. We brought home a piece of flan to split. Craig had draft Mexican beer and I had a couple of tequila mojitos. They were fantastic. I usually only have 1 drink when we go out, but I couldn't resist another.

This all sounds so good - you should have taken some photos and has us all salivating!

I've found some new recipe beef burgers recently (as recommended by colleagues). Aussie dry aged beef and Wagyu beef. Notwithstanding that I ate a burger a couple of days ago, I had fresh buns available and fresh grass so I gave the former a go. I was told that they were not heavily spiced but given the number of chilies that I threw at it, it was difficult to tell. Notwithstanding that, I was quite impressed and they were only 15% more expensive (per kg) than the ones that I normally buy.

I ate it by hand and made a real mess!

I've found some new recipe beef burgers recently (as recommended by colleagues). Aussie dry aged beef and Wagyu beef. Notwithstanding that I ate a burger a couple of days ago, I had fresh buns available and fresh grass so I gave the former a go. I was told that they were not heavily spiced but given the number of chilies that I threw at it, it was difficult to tell. Notwithstanding that, I was quite impressed and they were only 15% more expensive (per kg) than the ones that I normally buy.

That's the only way to eat a burger!!

Russ

A proper burger :thumbsup:

I half cooked this naan for a pizza base but I may use the rest of the dough for a curry accompaniment.

0 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom