What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you shabbily dressed?

Lol. Just kidding. I know you are immaculately attired.

Russ
Well I was wearing casual jean capris, but I had snazzy sandals with perfectly painted toes and a cute flowy top with minimal jewelry. Long hair in a ponytail with just powder and lipstick.

I've never tried any Hello Fresh meals. I'm thinking about trying a few to see if they would be good for my sister, who doesn't do much cooking, and most of that is microwave frozen meals. She's easily 80-plus pounds overweight. I need to find something she'll cook at home after a long day at work.

CD

I found that when I was working a lot, meal prep on my days off solved the problem mostly. I'd make a big pot of pasta sauce, cut veggies for meals and salads, precooked proteins and rice portioned out for meals, etc. That way it was quick compilation and reheats with very little actual cooking on workdays. My feet hurt and I was tired, even though I was only slightly overweight.

Even with the kits being simplified, there is still going to be standing on feet for the minimal prepping, reading and following instructions, and some actual cooking. This might work for someone like you but likely not your sister I think. I'm sure the extra weight makes her feet hurt even more after a long day.

It's a nice thought caseydog , but have to agree with JAS_OH1. Your sister probably doesn't want to cook at all, just sit down and put her feet up.

Keeping it simple the day before the three day festival
Fish chips peas.jpg

I've never tried any Hello Fresh meals. I'm thinking about trying a few to see if they would be good for my sister, who doesn't do much cooking, and most of that is microwave frozen meals. She's easily 80-plus pounds overweight. I need to find something she'll cook at home after a long day at work.

CD

My daughter has them. They are convenient due to having all ingredients provided (so minimal waste) but you do need to cook them. The prep isn't completely done for you either. Also, the minimum order here seems to be for two so not very useful for one. My daughter cooks it all and has same meal 2 days running. I don't think it would work for your sister unless she genuinely wants to cook. My daughter finds it useful as it is teaching her how to cook.

Off topic - but I think better would be some sort of delivery of calorie controlled ready made meals if there is such a thing there.

My daughter has them. They are convenient due to having all ingredients provided (so minimal waste) but you do need to cook them. The prep isn't completely done for you either. Also, the minimum order here seems to be for two so not very useful for one. My daughter cooks it all and has same meal 2 days running. I don't think it would work for your sister unless she genuinely wants to cook. My daughter finds it useful as it is teaching her how to cook.

Off topic - but I think better would be some sort of delivery of calorie controlled ready made meals if there is such a thing there.

X2 we tried it last year. I didn't have to think about tea. Just choose and cook..very easy but definitely for 2+ people. We had it for 2 weeks as the bottom line was minuscule and wife difnt are the tick cancel box. I still use the recipe cards that came with them.

Russ

Last night was pea pie and pud. Mince and cheese pie $8 couplands bakery.
Cut in half and froze one.
Heated the other. Mash spuds on top then peas and few slices beetroot and onion.
We also call it a dressed pie down here.
Another childhood cheap but satisfying meal.
Est cost person. $3

Russ

I found that when I was working a lot, meal prep on my days off solved the problem mostly. I'd make a big pot of pasta sauce, cut veggies for meals and salads, precooked proteins and rice portioned out for meals, etc. That way it was quick compilation and reheats with very little actual cooking on workdays. My feet hurt and I was tired, even though I was only slightly overweight.

Even with the kits being simplified, there is still going to be standing on feet for the minimal prepping, reading and following instructions, and some actual cooking. This might work for someone like you but likely not your sister I think. I'm sure the extra weight makes her feet hurt even more after a long day.

The difference is that you enjoy cooking, and my sister does not. Food prep for her is pulling a Lean Cuisine out of the freezer. So no, it probably wouldn't work for her.

CD

The difference is that you enjoy cooking, and my sister does not. Food prep for her is pulling a Lean Cuisine out of the freezer. So no, it probably wouldn't work for her.

CD
Well then Hello Fresh isn't a good option either.

Grocery stores have healthier options ready made (not frozen) than those Lean Cuisine meals that probably taste a lot better.

My SIL is a tad lazy and she will buy precooked and precut proteins and veggies.

Back when I was working a lot and making meal prep for the week I didn't find that fun. I did it because it was sensible.

I got paid to evaluate a popular sandwich place today based on the bread, so I had to take some photos. My husband really liked the sandwich. The second photo was taken from the uncut side that doesn't show the toppings. It was loaded on the other side, LOL.

Subway Top Down View Aug 3 2023.jpgSubway Uncut Side View Aug 3 2023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom