What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fine without one, to tell you the truth.. my SO bought me one for my birthday last year..I'm having fun with it..it really does make a difference..but, like any other cooking technique it has it's challenges..takes some trial and error..

I've had plenty of errors in my life. I'm currently struggling with sausage rolls and chicken Kiev. God knows what kind of a cock up I'm going to make of Beef Wellington!

I was fine without one, to tell you the truth.. my SO bought me one for my birthday last year..I'm having fun with it..it really does make a difference..but, like any other cooking technique it has it's challenges..takes some trial and error..

I also received my sous-vide as a present. I love the way it seals in all the flavour - its good for vegetables too although I haven't experimented very far as yet.

I also received my sous-vide as a present. I love the way it seals in all the flavour - its good for vegetables too although I haven't experimented very far as yet.
I want to try it for veggies, too..but it seems like a lot of work to fill and keep it heated for hours for a few sticks of carrots..:)
Usually, meats and veggies require different temperatures so it's not like I could do both at the same time..

Are you cooking the Wellington in the halogen oven?

That is the idea. I may put it together tomorrow morning for cooking on Wednesday.

According to Ramsay I could prepare the steak and duxelles/ham and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours.

Last edited:
I want to try it for veggies, too..but it seems like a lot of work to fill and keep it heated for hours for a few sticks of carrots..:)
Usually, meats and veggies require different temperatures so it's not like I could do both at the same time..

Yes - I suppose in a restaurant they would cook lots of portions at the same time. How big is your sous-vide?

Cabbage Wedge Stuffed with Juniper Butter 'en Papillote' (for both current challenges).

fullsizeoutput_407b.jpeg

Yorky my sons fave is beef Wellington. I make it with pate I make myself. It's a fair bit of work. I cringe when he asks me to make it.

Russ

Yes - I suppose in a restaurant they would cook lots of portions at the same time. How big is your sous-vide?
It is a home sized one..I don't use it for work...I have no need for one in the deli..I am pretty traditional when it comes to food preparation at work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom