What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bangers and mash

P_20180720_171932.jpg

We had marrow stuffed with cod and salmon. Served with broad beans. My white sauce failed again (trying to make it gluten and dairy free.) so had a herb dressing instead.

My white sauce failed again (trying to make it gluten and dairy free.)

I would have thought that fairly straightforward - gluten free flour and veg oil roux with plant milk? What is the problem? Not that I have tried it.... I'll have a go tomorrow.

Last edited:

I grew up in a poor area by a single mum, we never had much money, we had meals exactly like your pic, cheap but wholesome food. To this day I still cook things my late mum cooked. Meat n 3 veges. Saveloys and rissoles etc.
I cook really flash meals as well, but love my childhood foods. Your picture reminds me so much of my childhood.
Thanks.

Russ

Shakshuka with kefta (lamb) meatballs and khobz. Craig likes things saucy :D (like me) so I doubled the tomato sauce. Picture later. He fell asleep so I'll wait until he wakes up to put the eggs in. We had a big lunch out before we went shopping. Took us like 4 hours between lunch and going to 4 different markets.

Last edited:
Shakshuka with kefta (lamb) meatballs and khobz. Craig likes things saucy :D (like me) so I doubled the tomato sauce. Picture later. He fell asleep so I'll wait until he wakes up to put the eggs in. We had a big lunch out before we went shopping. Took us like 4 hours between lunch and going to 4 different markets.
This sounds yummy, being a lamb producing country. Recipe please??

Russ

I would have thought that fairly straightforward - gluten free flour and veg oil roux with plant milk? What is the problem? Not that I have tried it.... I'll have a go tomorrow.
I can make 'normal' white sauce and a dairy free version, but I can't get the texture right with gf flour.
I look forward to hearing your success so you can pass on the recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom