What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds and looks excellent. :okay: Is it vegan perhaps?

It can be depending on whether the bread you use has egg in it or not. As pictured, it is vegetarian as there was egg in the bread I used. Craig really liked it, which surprised me as he's not usually real big on vegetarian/vegan recipes. Guess I know what I'll be using the rest of a cauliflower head for when I need just a little bit for a recipe.

Whole baked cauliflower with almond tarator.

Cauliflower availability is a bit up and down here. We did find one on Sunday which will probably end up in a cauliflower cheese (my only "whole baked cauliflower" attempt was a disaster).

Not this evening though - Stir fried skinless chicken and vegetables - carry oot.....

Stir fry chicken s.jpg

It's an American composed salad typically made up of chicken, boiled eggs, tomatoes, bacon, avocado and blue cheese. I added cucumbers and forgot the blue cheese since I didn't get it out of the refrigerator when I actually did remember it. It traditionally has a red-wine vinaigrette dressing, but I had 1000 Island and Craig had some kind of white creamy dressing he picked out.

For a stir fry it looks almost raw - and four pieces of tofu is not enough protein (as you know). Sounds like you need a few handy bottles of sauce in your bedside cabinet. Don't they do eggs?
It was almost raw and last night's was even worse. I sent it back. Because I'm on a vegan diet (explaining veggie minutes dairy when they have fish shoeing up in the veggie diet is not something I wish to even consider trying though the ward staff know as does the food monitor and dietitian, but we've all reached the conclusion that veggie no dairy is beyond the canteen staff because they keep insisting lactose free and even the dietitian is fed up on saying no!)
But they have produced a variation for me today. There could be a drive paper spring roll and there could be a vegetable dahl which in trying tonight. Tomorrow I could get a vegetable curry... We'll see. If I'm never heard of again, it wasn't dairy free!

Whole baked cauliflower with almond tarator.

View attachment 17144
A tarator is a completely new one on me. It looks interesting, but I'll up the spices and chickpeas. We love both of them thankfully. Baked while cauliflower is something we've had before which is nice.

Oh I miss a decent cauliflower cheese. Have you tried melted cheese over cauliflower and broccoli? That's another really nice one.

A tarator is a completely new one on me. It looks interesting, but I'll up the spices and chickpeas. We love both of them thankfully. Baked while cauliflower is something we've had before which is nice.

See my notes on cooking it before you do that. The amount of chickpeas in the picture is MAYBE a fourth of what the recipe called for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom