What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a way to get round this, albeit rather tiresome. Delete the "featured image". Then upload the new images. Then re-upload the image that you wish to be featured.

I've gotten lazy about updating my Genius Kitchen page, mostly because I don't like how the new app doesn't let you look up your own recipes.

Genius Kitchen is no longer available in UK and Europe - which given that many UK folk have pages and recipes there is quite shocking!

Did he cure it? :)

I did the cure. He smoked it with alder wood that I found.

I found a place to buy fresh hog jowl and was going to make it into guanciale because we had been trying to find some for a long time but couldn't. Funnily enough, there was an Italian food supplier next door to where we got the hog jowl that we decided to visit once they were open. Guess what they had? So, I had to find something else to do with the hog jowl and decided on German/Austrian type speck.

Just to clarify, he likes the speck, just not the dumplings.

Oriental Pork with Pasta.

DSC_0108.jpg
DSC_0110.jpg

Do you eat it cold or hot?

The first image was cold as was the second. The third was re-heated (10 minutes at 175 degC in the halogen oven).

I was told by a shop assistant in Grimsby in 1982 that you shouldn't re-heat porkie pies. I said "Tha's nay from Yorkshire is thee lass?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom