What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beans and bacon on toast with a large poached duck egg.

4 s.jpg

5 s.jpg

2018-07-22 17.46.47.jpg

Dinner last night was shrimp and tasso Henican, a dish from Commander's Palace in NOLA. Eh, too much vinegar/pickled items for me and WAY too spicy. Craig kind of liked it. It was a PITA to make with all the components so never again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cooked my sons favourite of Penang style pork curry. It’s in the fridge to be reheated as I do believe curry is better after time to develope.

It will be served with a shredded veg salad dressed in lime, sesame & fish sauce topped with tomato slices and peanuts.

Plus a 50:50 mix of brown rice and white basmati. I can’t get the kids to go full brown rice. 70:30 is the closes I’ve come without comment. I know it should be jasmin but it has a fast conversion to sugar so not for me.

I do believe curry is better after time to develop.

Definitely!

It will be served with a shredded veg salad dressed in lime, sesame & fish sauce topped with tomato slices and peanuts.

I don't know how old your son is but its a delight to hear about a boy enjoying fish curry with such lovely additions.

Last edited:
Fried chicken and wild rice/buttermilk waffles with pink peppercorn/honey butter, maple syrup with horsradish and creole mustard. Collard greens on the side.

2018-07-23 18.19.30.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom