What did you cook or eat today (June 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018-06-15 17.43.51.jpg
Small plates tonight.

A caprese salad with pesto. I can't believe I accidentally deleted the photo, it was so pretty.
Cantaloupe with prosciutto
Stuffed criminis
Rosa di mele, which is a dish I saw on a show featuring local restaurants. We intend to eat there at some point, but this looked so good I had to try and copy it. It's caramelized onions, lightly sauteed apple slices, with a gorgonzola sauce in a puff pastry shell. It was great. I served it over lightly dressed arugula (rocket).

2018-06-15 17.09.32.jpg

Last edited:
Heading to Sydney today for a girls weekend.

Our first stop shall be http://www.bills.com.au/ The Darlinghurst venue

Then Messina’s for gelato. Just google that if you want to lick your screens people. Messina’s Gelato Sydney.

Then probably a cocktail at The Dolphin Hotel before we split into smaller groups for Vivid activities.

https://www.vividsydney.com/

My possie have tix to the Zoo. They of course have an animal based light show. There will be a ferry across the Harbour at some point.

So no cooking. Lots of eating.

I promise to take some pics.

Enjoy! Looking forward to the photos.

Mg,my granddaughter absolutely loves mushrooms on toast as I do as well. My dil cooks them for her but since she's had mine she says mine is the best ever,the only thing I do different from her mum is I cook with just butter until half cooked, then turn off. Let it sit for 15 mins to relax the shrooms, then reheat and add cream. S and p then enjoy. Best I've ever had. Discovered by accident when I had a visitor years ago.

Sorry - I didn't reply earlier. I think the idea of 'relaxing' the mushrooms is something I will try. Try adding a splash of white wine or sherry to your recipe and see what what you think...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm having vegetable and mince samosas, 2 different types, all hand made by me, still a work in progress folding the pastry. Some pics served with rhaita with mint and carrot and also a date and tamarind chutney. I've already tried some when I made them, these are ones from the freezer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very busy yesterday!

WP_20180615_23_42_45_Pro.jpg

The loaf is a 3 lb tin loaf, which I always cut in half before putting in the freezer. I also made yoghurt (7 pots), paneer, and whey 7 pancakes. Three of the pancakes went in the fridge for this morning's breakfast, and three in the freezer. The last one was stuffed with thinly sliced apple for last night's afters. Dinner was the last of the asparagus, with fresh carrots, and potatoes smothered in butter.

I was very busy yesterday!

View attachment 16806
The loaf is a 3 lb tin loaf, which I always cut in half before putting in the freezer. I also made yoghurt (7 pots), paneer, and whey 7 pancakes. Three of the pancakes went in the fridge for this morning's breakfast, and three in the freezer. The last one was stuffed with thinly sliced apple for last night's afters. Dinner was the last of the asparagus, with fresh carrots, and potatoes smothered in butter.

Fantastic work. I love that paneer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom