What did you cook or eat today (June 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband served a deicious chicken dinner

20180617_180215.jpg

I've missed posting a few meals recently (sorry about that)
So Friday nights tea
A simple and quick affair because a certain person was very late home offering to a meeting with some UK staff, conference calls at 6pm that are scheduled for an hour and over run should be banned in my opinion.

_20180618_113623.JPG

Saturday night we were out with some friends who we took to a vegan restaurant. The food was generally excellent though I'm not a big fan of things called mock duck or chicken /beef /fish etc when it's all vegan. I had some excellent deep fried tofu for starter, then the aubergine claypot with black rice for main and a couple of scoops of soya ice cream for dessert. No photos, sorry.

Last night was a certain persons Leek, mushroom and bread pudding served vegan sausages and veg.

_20180618_113510.JPG

_20180618_113117.JPG

Ingredients for today's snap.

ingredients 1 s.jpg

[Edit: Freshwater prawns, fish sauce, cooked Jasmine rice, lime, egg, shallots, garlic, cucumber, tomato, fresh red chillis, spring onions, coriander leaf and peas].

Last edited:
Khow pad khung (prawn fried rice). If I cook it myself, the prawn rice ratio is much greater.

2 os s.jpg

(Although all the ingredients are authentic, it's not precisely Thai style).

[Edit: the red tinge is the reflection from the red sunshade overhead]

Last edited:
Aubergine and chocolate! There are not many combos I haven't heard of but this is a new one on me. It does look lovely. moist and delicious...

Thank you! Yes at first glance it could be an odd combo but I've found out it's an ancient recipe from Amalfi. I've tried and it works very well..

Monday night's lasagne (home made lasagne and tomato sauce - onions, tomatoes, garlic and basil - with leeks, mushrooms, and spinach, and a white sauce with plenty of cheese. All organic except for the tomatoes (tinned) and the cheese (extra mature Cheddar). There's enough left for tomorrow, too. I used the pasta machine to roll the lasagne sheets - I thought it would save time. It was a definite mistake, and I shall go back to my old method of rolling the sheets by hand, I think.

WP_20180618_23_24_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20180618_23_25_45_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom