What did you cook or eat today (November 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Hey, MrsT, I found us a restaurant!”

IMG_6713.jpeg

:laugh:

Well lunch was a bit of a disappointment, but it was airport food...
20231102_124733.jpg

Two fluffy asian bao buns with your choice of filling (mixed mushrooms with crispy panko- coated aubergine + creamy vegan mayo. topped with coriander )

20231102_125000.jpg

king oyster mushroom skewers
three skewers of flavourful mushroom ribbons coated in a sticky red chilli & miso glaze. garnished with coriander cress

20231102_125223.jpg

teppanyaki. noodles sizzling from the grill. turned quickly so the noodles are soft and the vegetables stay crunchy. yasai mushroom (v)
egg removed to make vegan, rice noodles.

The oyster mushrooms of the stake were very good and the boa buns with mushrooms were OK, but the main course was meh. And they didn't have the (vegan) salted caramel miso icecream for me, but hubby was able to have a scoop with his banana dessert, just not 3 scoops for my dessert.

+£85 was also a bit of the steep side. I could probably have eaten something as reasonable in the business lounge for free. Oh well. Never mind, I guess I've been spoilt with Japanese/Chinese options in Australia...

Ah - I didn't know that. Have you tried their ox cheek?

Funnily enough I’ve just bought some ox cheek and oxtail! Although it was from Waitrose because it was shining out from the meat counter look plump and meaty, shouting BUY ME 😆

I don’t wan’t to complain (but I’m going to sound like I am 🤣) I’d gone to Waitrose before my Morrisons delivery arrived because the supermarkets all seem to have their own little areas of brilliance but lack in certain areas. I suppose they know the demographic they appeal to and stock accordingly.
So Morrisons delivered the bulk of my shop this week but theres no chance of finding smoked tomato paste or porcini powder is there 😆

The Morrisons ox cheeks is was worth a look?

I decided to make chicken nuggets tonight. I coated them with tortilla chips until I ran out of chips. I did the last few with crumbled saltines, and they looked and tasted just as good. I cooked them in a deep fryer, and baked potato wedges in the oven after coating them in a thin layer of bacon grease.
IMG_3409.jpeg
IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_3301.JPG

Took my Mom to the hair salon to get beautified is what I'm calling it, really, a wash & style, she's unable to do her own hair any longer.
Also had DH in the car for a doctor's appointment, so once Mom was beautiful, we all went to our new favorite Mexican joint, which is right across the street from the salon.
My plate is above: shredded Beef Burrito, refried beans and spanish rice. Normally, I do not order the beans & rice, but I wanted to try theirs ... both Mom and I said :okay:

A bit late as this is yesterdays rather than todays. Had chicken skewers and a Thai satay sauce which turned out very well, I shall be plonking a tablespoon of red Thai paste in with my other satay ingredients from now on! Served it with shredded chinese leaf and a basic ‘Asian dressing’ recipe found on the web that looked sharp enough to cut through the satay, all in all a success.
No pics of that as lunch was very late due to giving the dogs a wash n trim.

But once lunch was reasonably digested I put on the Peanut butter apple crumble. The peanut butter in with the apple base was to me superfluous but in the topping I really liked it. These pots hold a lot more than they look and I was quite stuffed!! Yum yum.

IMG_0875.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom