What did you cook or eat today (October 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6576.jpeg

One is ham and cheese, the other is pistachio, speck, and cheese. Very good.

We're trying a new recipe for lasagne tonight. We never watched The Sopranos when they first came out, but Craig has been semi binge watching for the last couple of weeks, while I read or do other things and intermittently watch. After hearing about Carmela's lasagne with the layer of fresh basil and tiny little pieces of sausage several times, we decided to give it a try. I found a recipe that is reportedly from the cookbook that came out from the series. It has a heavy sauce made with passata, tomato paste, onions, garlic, salt and pepper, lean ground beef, and Italian sausage, plus some little nuggets of Italian sausage for an addition to the cheese, basil layer.

The sauce was really heavy, but it was pretty good when i taste tested. Have to say though if I was having it on spaghetti, I'd be having a small portion.

20231030_180233.jpg

It was pretty good. Craig went back for seconds. I could only eat a little over half of the above. I will make some tweaks though. I'll skip the ground beef and use all Italian sausage, and will use it all in the sauce instead of having some in the cheese layers. And I'll use a full pound of ricotta rather than 1/2 pound. I'll also bake at a slightly higher temperature for a bit longer time as it was warm inside, but no where near hot. I'll also use more fresh basil. The recipe wasn't clear how much to use so I bought a large package, but could have used twice as much. The fresh basil does add a nice freshness.

Burger with cheese, fried onions, pickles, and ketchup on an onion roll. Red skin potato salad, and steamed cauliflower on the side. I was too tired and upset to eat more than a couple of bites of my burger. It's in the fridge but I will probably chuck it.

burger_103023_1_img_1891-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom