What did you cook or eat today (October 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This recipe made me think of your Chicken & Yellow Rice. Do you think that sub-ing a pound of ground beef for the chicken would work?

Don't see why not. DD and her boyfriend used to make white rice with onions, garlic, ground beef and mojo when they were teens and there were no leftovers in fridge or moms around to cook.

1000002552.jpg

I made something based on the classic Italian-American Sausage and Peppers, but I call this one Teixitalian Sausage and Peppers. The difference is that I smoked the sweet Italian sausages with apple-wood before adding to my peppers and onions. Apple is a perfect wood for smoking pork, especially pork sausages, IMO.

1698632440342.jpeg

CD

I finally found the missing ingredient I needed to start cooking authentic Chinese food at home, I had a lot of trouble getting Shaoxing wine where I live but I finally aquired it and proceeded to make this recipe:
Vegetable Chow Fun I used veg I had available and added chicken. My husband said it tasted better than Chinese take away lol :laugh:
View attachment 106516

The Woks Of Life site you got the recipe from is really good. I have their book and learned a lot from it, and 'yes' - so many of the recipes require Shaoxing Wine! :)

I have the book. I used the chicken Chow Fun recipe which I couldn't find online to share.

It's a really good book - have you tried the Three Cup Chicken? I'd say that's probably the most cooked dish (and quite straightforward) from it round here. :)

Do you know the book Every Grain Of Rice by Fuschia Dunlop? The recipes within are more representative of mainland China tastes than the Westernized versions of Chinese dishes that we are probably more used to. It's more authentic and lots of new and exciting tastes to discover, prepared simply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom