What else can you do with radishes?

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
2:10 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
So I have several bunches of radishes in my fridge. I've only ever really eaten them raw. Does anyone here cook them?
I threw 2 onto the baking tray with my beetroot and aubergines today and baked them and was very surprised. Hubby asked what it was after he had eaten it, and was also very surprised and commented that he didn't really appreciate they could be cooked. To be honest, I don't know if people do cook them or not? If you do, how do you cook them? Steam them, boil them, stir fry, bake or roast? Or have you only ever had them raw?

There are several people on another foodie forum that roast them after 1 member did it first and raved about them.

We grate and make an Asian slaw with them plus carrots.
I roast them too, have posted a few pics of roasted radishes on here too. I can recommend it, it's really good!

Kitchen diva, Martha Stewart serves them raw with soft Butter and flaky Salt for dipping.
I've pickled Daikon, so I would imagine it would go the same for Red Radishes.
I understand that you can cook and eat the greens as well.
Sliced thinly on a piece piece of bread with the Butter and Salt might be nice.
Bare in mind that I am not a fan of Red Radishes, DH on the other hand eats them raw, diced in a Salad.
I'll take a nice dish of Namasu any day of the week, really good.

We eat the greens, just like beetroot greens, when young.

It's just were not that struck on them raw. Hence asking about cooking them.
My youngest daughter eats them raw dipped in red wine vinegar, all by themselves. I like them minced and distributed throughout a salad. I am going to have to try them cooked sometime!

Pickled radish is also an option. I like them raw on bread as a topping and in salads. Have eaten white daikon steamed and finished with soy sauce and mirin, don't know how it turns out with radish, but for me it was important to not Cook them to death, they still had some little crunch

Back
Top Bottom