What did you cook or eat today (June 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soup from the freezer - from the mushrooms I foraged in autumn - with cream, garlic croutons & cubes of fried haloumi.

And you said she hated leftovers! Seems to me this new WeightWatchers diet she is doing has been transformational.
I wouldn’t (nor would she) count a tablespoon of pesto as a leftover, or a tablespoon of chopped peppers.

What I meant when I said that was more toward a proper dish, not a secondary ingredient. If we have a roast chicken, for example, she won’t eat chicken again for a few days, so no chicken soup the next day, etc.

It’s actually beyond leftovers; she won’t eat the same thing in a different form. If I made meatballs tonight, she won’t eat meatballs, or meatloaf, or any kind of similar ground beef/pork dish, so no hamburger, etc. It’s why I’ve gotten into this cycle of beef-salad-pasta-salad-chicken-salad-pork-salad when menu planning over the years.

I had to laugh, speaking of her diet. She asked for cauliflower, so I bought a head, and she wanted it raw (fun fact: she likes raw cauliflower and cooked broccoli, but not the other way round).

I cut it up and salted it, and she was munching away, and she said, “God, I love raw cauliflower, I could eat this every day!”

Next day, she was looking for something to eat, and I said that she still had half a head of cauliflower in the fridge.

“Are you nuts?! I just had that yesterday! I’m not eating again today!”

But…you just…you just said…oh, never mind! :laugh:

First course, roasted green beans & radishes:

Second course, one-pot spaghetti & meat sauce:

I healthied that up by using whole wheat spaghetti, extra-lean ground beef, turkey Italian sausage, and half-and-half instead of heavy cream.

It also helped that I didn’t eat half of it in one sitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom