What did you cook or eat today (June 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were meant to have skillet-baked spaghetti tonight, but MrsT wanted to run into town, and that made us a little late, so that’ll be tomorrow.

That meant tonight had to be something quick:

Scrambled eggs, with some of the roasted red pepper, grilled onion, and sun-dried tomato pesto from last night mixed in, along with a little fried/grilled tomato, and some buttery toast.

Very simple, mainly leftovers, and MrsT was in ecstasy over it. 🤷‍♂️

Well, some of the secondary ingredients were leftovers, which hardly counts. Would she have had scrambled eggs twice in two days? Nope!
I do that regularly. If they're not the same scrambled eggs they aren't leftovers.

I made husband’s favourite: beef barbacoa burrito bowls. It’s a lot of work to put together, but worth it.

Bowl contains cilantro-lime rice, beef barbacoa, 3 year old cheddar cheese, corn salsa, and guacamole (the guacamole is little discoloured because I had a bit of a mishap with my red wine).

8905637B-4036-40CD-B1F4-9F0AD4B47154.jpeg

Homemade dim sum tonight. Baked char siu bao. Steamed shiitaki, spinach and carrot bao. Shrimp toast, which I intend to enter in the challenge.

View attachment 87021

Could I get you recipe for the Baked Char Siu Bao? I miss manapua sooooo much.

Could I get you recipe for the Baked Char Siu Bao? I miss manapua sooooo much.

Sure, but the char siu is not mine. I found a recipe we liked and have been using it anytime I make it. This was the last from the freezer of the last batch.

The dough recipe, believe it or not, is the same for the baked and steamed bao.

I'll get them posted, but it might be a few days. I am tired now, been cooking on and off all day to get meals done for next week.

Sure, but the char siu is not mine. I found a recipe we liked and have been using it anytime I make it. This was the last from the freezer of the last batch.

The dough recipe, believe it or not, is the same for the baked and steamed bao.

I'll get them posted, but it might be a few days. I am tired now, been cooking on and off all day to get meals done for next week.
X2 please as well. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom