What food/liquid are you craving today?

Really? I always popped corn in a pan or used a pre-bagged microwave popcorn that usually had artificial flavouring.

How does one pop natursl corn in a microwave? I have missed a trick for years!

Really? I always popped corn in a pan or used a pre-bagged microwave popcorn that usually had artificial flavouring.

How does one pop natursl corn in a microwave? I have missed a trick for years!

You put it in a large microwavable bowl with a plate on top and cook on high for about 5 mins. You generally end up with a few un-popped kernels at the bottom of the bowl but they can be re-cycled or discarded. What I haven't tried to do is add flavourings whilst it cooks - I think you have to do that afterwards which is what I do, but I'm not sure!

I love popcorn! Preferably with black pepper rather than sweet or salty. I found the best way to do popcorn in a microwave was to ignore the times given in the instructions completely and play it by ear (I can turn my hearing aids up so know exactly when the popping has stopped :laugh:).

Sometimes I crave salt, so if I have the time I make some chips and sprinkle a little salt on them. Otherwise I keep a resealable bag of mini-pretzels in the cupboard and take a few out as and when.

I never crave chocolate. I drink chocolate at least once a day. It's very low in fat - 21% - and you only need about 7 g for a cup full of lovely, steaming hot chocolate.

Loving this thread. I'm not much of a snacker but if I'm prepping food some of it gets eaten along the way...and I always manage to slice too much cheddar when making stuff for the kids.

I do like snacks of dips, crackers, cheese, veg sticks & fruit so when I'm in the mood for that we will usually have a platter for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom