What is the most Expensive Countertop Appliance That You Bought for the Kitchen?

No, I understand. It's better to butcher things yourself. You save money, get to tailor your cuts, and the meat stays more fresh as a chunk rather than sliced.

I've wanted a meat slicer for doing paper thin cuts to make sandwiches with leftovers like beef roasts and ham.

No, I understand. It's better to butcher things yourself. You save money, get to tailor your cuts, and the meat stays more fresh as a chunk rather than sliced.

I've wanted a meat slicer for doing paper thin cuts to make sandwiches with leftovers like beef roasts and ham.
Do you have Harbor Freight in your area? They sell meat slicers for a good price.

Yes, we have Harbor Freight, but I really don't need another gadget. Although I could get a free tarp, flashlight, or tire pump with a $50 purchase, lol.

Yes, we have Harbor Freight, but I really don't need another gadget. Although I could get a free tarp, flashlight, or tire pump with a $50 purchase, lol.
Our coupons say any purchase. I liked it better when no purchase was required.
That tarp will last about 20 minutes. :)

Probably my Philips liquidiser/blender - although I use the hand blender more often (easier to wash up!)

I was just looking at meat grinders...thinking of getting one...but, wow, the reviews are very mixed e.g. from 1 star to 5 stars (for the same cast iron product)
I grind all my own meat. I buy a good piece of chuck meat meant for braising and has a lot of fat. If not enough fat, I ask the meat department if they have any suet available. They usually give me a long strip for free.

I have a stand Kitchen Aid mixer that I only paid $60.00 for at an auction. It was brand new still in the unopened box. Since then I have bought the grinder and pasta maker for it. Both cost me $25.00 each. Today, they cost $49.00 each. I have purchased a new swiping paddle for the mixer. I no longer have to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Absolutely love it along with the glass bowl. I now have three bowl for the mixer. Saves a lot of time when the recipe calls for to use the mixer again for different ingredients. I also have a bread maker and a small food processor. I had a Robot Coupe large food processor and an electric meat/food slicer. I gave them to my oldest son. The processor became too heavy to keep moving ever time I went to move it to clean the counter. A good sharp knife does the slicing now. In place of the processor I now have a heavy duty blender. Takes up less room on the counter. So sitting on my counter is my small food processor, large stand mixer, blender and toaster.

I didn't know there was such a thing - that sounds very useful.
It is called a Flex Edge beater. Amazon sells them. I know the UK has Amazon. There are two types. Depending on your mixer. One has the flex on both sides of the paddle and the other has it on one side. I have the two sided.
Wow! That is such a bargain - they cost hundreds of pounds in the UK.
I was the only one who bid and they accepted it. I didn't want to go too low, and then be outbid (although in hindsight, I think I could have).

It is called a Flex Edge beater. Amazon sells them. I know the UK has Amazon. There are two types. Depending on your mixer. One has the flex on both sides of the paddle and the other has it on one side. I have the two sided.

I was the only one who bid and they accepted it. I didn't want to go too low, and then be outbid (although in hindsight, I think I could have).
What size is your KA? Mine is the 5 quart Artisan.

Back
Top Bottom