What is your favourite green vegetable?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
1:59 PM
What do you like best in the greens department? We are talking about those heathy green leaves here. What are your favourites - and how do you like to cook them? And which ones do you dislike the most?

I think I have two favourites - Brussels sprouts and spinach (including chard).

Ooh goodness..what a question! Cabbage, brocolli, leeks, asparagus, peas are all favourites.....which to choose? I think it'd have to be cabbage: because there are so many different varieties (my favourites being savoy and the pointed/sweetheart ones).

One green veg that I don't get along with is kale, mostly because of the texture: no matter how I try to cook it, it remains tough and unpleasant.

Fresh spinach is my favourite. I cook a handful in the microwave for less than a minute.

I also like broccoli, green beans and garden peas.

Out of the leafy varieties, I like savoy cabbage the best.

The trouble is that I am the only one who likes them and I don't like buying them and then I wasting half because I couldn't eat it all.

I'm pretty good with just about any greens. Collards are probably on top. I don't do kale. I see some are adding green veges in the mix, Are we just talking greens or all green veges?

Green Vegetables ..

Faves: Cardoon (soup), Spinach (salad Niçoise or Catalan Spinach which is prepared with: Evoo, minced garlic and Spanish Raisins sautéed in Evoo), Green Asparagus (sautéed in Evoo with minced garlic ) .. French Green Beans ( sautéed in Evoo with minced garlic ) .. Broccoli (authentic traditional Broccoli Rabe with orecchiette, Little Ear Pasta prepared fresh - Puglia / Apulia classic with Evoo, minced garlic and grated Pecorino Sardo & grated Reggiano Parmesano) ..

Detest: Brussel sprouts ..

There are still a few kale hanging on in the garden. Note to self: pick in the morning and make kale chips for G to snack on while he watches his ball game tomorrow pm.

Sprouts are the fellow. I always liked them, even when I was very young (I thought children were, traditionally, suppose to hate them, but I've always been contradictory). Spinach is up near the top, too. I'm okay with "ordinary" broccoli, though I prefer tender-stem or purple sprouting. Spring greens are also a favourite, although too many people overcook them. Can I count wild garlic as a green? In that case, we'll add it to the list.

Back
Top Bottom