What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our big, local supermarket gets so packed out these days, a lot of people order their shopping online and go and pick it up - they don't even have to go into the store at all.

Online shopping is great for elderly and/or disabled who struggle to get out and about but personally I prefer to see what I am buying, the same with clothes and shoes, don't enjoy that kind of shopping but would never buy online because if you don't like or they don't fit then you have the faff of returning them.

Hard to tell which one is falling asleep...
DSC_0119b.JPG

DSC_0127b.JPG

Online shopping is great for elderly and/or disabled who struggle to get out and about but personally I prefer to see what I am buying, the same with clothes and shoes, don't enjoy that kind of shopping but would never buy online because if you don't like or they don't fit then you have the faff of returning them.
I've never had any problems returning stuff. Supermarket deliveries are easy - return anything that's damaged or not what you expected to the driver, or if you find something wrong later ring customer services, and get a credit. For clothes etc most large retailers these days give you return labels and pick the stuff up by courier. I've had a couple of occasions where I've complained about food from Riverford (neither of which was their fault) and have received a credit straightaway, and one faulty item I've had to return to Littlewoods - again no problems, and the replacement was sent out immediately. The only site I've ever had problems with was eBay with some of the private sellers, but even this is few and far between.

I've smoked on and off since I was 14 (more on than off). Difficult to say how many a day because for the last 40 years I've smoked roll-ups.

When I went for a medical to take out my first mortgage (1976?) I was asked by the doctor how many cigarettes I smoked in a day. I replied "I smoke about 2 oz of roll-up/week". We agreed that was the equivalent of 20 - 25 cigarettes/day.

Then he asked me how much I drank. "Difficult to say" I said. "Well, three or four pints/week?" he suggested. "More like three or four gallons/week" I said.

"Do you want this mortgage insurance or what?"

I also get all mine delivered..........

Just to clarify:

We prepare a shopping list and my wife goes to the supermarket/market and picks it all up.

I help her to retrieve it from the pick-up though.

When I went for a medical to take out my first mortgage (1976?) I was asked by the doctor how many cigarettes I smoked in a day. I replied "I smoke about 2 oz of roll-up/week". We agreed that was the equivalent of 20 - 25 cigarettes/day.
QUOTE]
We used to have a formula to work it out when I was working at our local hospital. http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=x20070115071949295600 is more or less the same. I used to find that when they did the small packets, 4 x 12.5 g used to last me a day longer than 1 x 50 g.

I've gone a few years without it now. But they are well ingrained into our culture, unfortunately...

To be honest the ones near us don't smell very nice which is 1 thing that puts us off going plus we don't have kids to pester us.

To be honest the ones near us don't smell very nice which is 1 thing that puts us off going plus we don't have kids to pester us.
The KFC just round the corner from me smells awful, but the smell of their "cooking" does mask the fumes from the traffic using the 3 trunk road/2 main road/flyover intersection it is built next to.

Donald and his wife started a long overdue dieting programme a week ago.....

His wife proposed that they should have a cheat day yesterday.....

She brought home a McDonald's large quarter pounder meal and KFC wings whilst Donald brought home his secretary.....

From his hospital bed, Donald is still wondering when men will ever begin to understand women.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom