When was the last time you ate an egg?

Someone else asked me that recently during a discussion on "are eggs good or bad for you?". I reckon if the week's food does not include an omelette, an average of eight. If an omelette is on the menu, probably ten.
I am thinking you are unusual. I could easily eat that many though!

I usually have an egg daily for breakfast - quite often coddled (a nicer method than boiling it), although sometimes poached or scrambled.

To coddle the egg, I pierce the wider end of the egg with a skewer (to allow the air to escape and so not break the egg) and bring water to the boil. Then I place the egg in (with a teaspoon) and lower the heat to medium, letting it simmer for 1 minute.

Then leave it in the pan but off the heat for 4 mins. The perfect soft egg with velvety egg white, i.e. not tough.
I eat it with sourdough toast and organic butter.

I love your description. Picture?

I love your description. Picture?
Well it looks just like a normal soft boiled egg (and this is past midnight here in London, UK!)

I just thought I would share the coddling method since the texture of the egg white is so much nicer, more palatable. Try it and see! (It's an old fashioned method - they even had egg coddling devices!)

I hard boiled some eggs at the beginning of the week and had egg mayo sandwiches for 3 days, Monday with a bit of left over bacon, Tuesday with porkcheta bought on yellow sticker, Wednesday with spinach leaves.

Is porkcheta the same as porchetta, sort of a pork roulade?

We just had some eggs at dinner about an hour ago, on top of bibimbap, and jigae.

Well it looks just like a normal soft boiled egg (and this is past midnight here in London, UK!)

I just thought I would share the coddling method since the texture of the egg white is so much nicer, more palatable. Try it and see! (It's an old fashioned method - they even had egg coddling devices!)

Interesting re coddling. I wish someone would coddle me. :D I am on the same time UK zone but I eat eggs at 2 am sometimes. Well, quite a lot really...

What is the origin of 'mollycoddled' I wonder? Off to look...

... OK here is the origin:

Mid 19th century: from molly ‘girl or prostitute’ (see moll) + coddle. (OED)

Well anyway, I wouldn't mind a bit of mollycoddling right now. :)

Ours was silken tofu jigae. Kimchi was on the side as ban chan.

Pics in tonight's dinner thread.

I just ate poached egg on toast with wilted tomatoes and coriander. And I did the 'bleed'. Sorry, no pictures. It was a private moment. :laugh:
The real truth is that I don't take photos in artificial light. :cool:

We had a mushroom omelette tonight. I served it with a rocket salad and some French bread. We both like eggs here although my partner prefers cereals for breakfast. Eggs are very versatile.

I just ate poached egg on toast with wilted tomatoes and coriander. And I did the 'bleed'. Sorry, no pictures. It was a private moment. :laugh:
The real truth is that I don't take photos in artificial light. :cool:

I captured this image a couple of days ago. It should have been lit by ceiling bounced flash but some dummy had failed to turn the flash on therefore it wasn't. I used Photoshop to try and bring it into a usable state and although it wasn't really successful, I got an image.

Cooking chips:

cooking chips s.jpg

24mm prime lense; f11; 1/125sec; ISO 400

I'm a fan of breakfast-for-supper. We had mushroom, caramelized onion, spinach, and mystery cheese omelets for Sunday supper. I can't recall eating eggs since, unless you count what went into the bread and quick bread I made earlier this week.

Back
Top Bottom