2019 Advent Calendars

Well, my daughter is in the dog house with me. After all these years, she's lost all the little stuffed toys that I painstakingly sewed for the Advent calender, nearly 40 years old. Don't get it, you'd think they would be together. Anyway, here's the calendar itself. There are little pockets sewn on to put the little toys and small candies, coins, etc in. I can't believe how bright the colors still are after all these years.

View attachment 35064

Edited to add, she just found them. Hopefully she'll put them in and send me another pic.

View attachment 35065

That is so cool :thumbsup:

Well, my daughter is in the dog house with me. After all these years, she's lost all the little stuffed toys that I painstakingly sewed for the Advent calender, nearly 40 years old. Don't get it, you'd think they would be together. Anyway, here's the calendar itself. There are little pockets sewn on to put the little toys and small candies, coins, etc in. I can't believe how bright the colors still are after all these years.

View attachment 35064

Edited to add, she just found them. Hopefully she'll put them in and send me another pic.

View attachment 35065
That is really cool! You are multi talented - is there anything you don't do? And I mean that as a compliment 👍

The extra vegan chocolates arrived yesterday so I've spent the morning wrapping them up. They are much nicer than the ones I had purchased in town so they have gone in in priority over the others. I may have to sew in some thin batons to keep the advent calendar 'square'. It's the first time I've used it having made it earlier this year (along with one for my sister).

Apologies that the white balance is so far off. That door is actually magnolia colour!

I'll put the spares into the Australian stockings I made a few years ago. I landed on some Christmas themed Australian animals material a few years back, echidna, wombat, kangaroo and koala all in Santa hats etc, so after trying out way too many patterns found a shape and size I liked and made my own (own design as well).

Lacking a photo but the first of the month gave me the pleasure of my favourite flavour, hazelnut praline in a dairy free chocolate from Tasmania.

Much nicer than the main supplier of chocolate in the capital, I happened upon them by chance and ordered some on a whim. They were a mixed bunch of pralines that I ordered 2 boxes of and wrapped identical unknown chocolates up so we could have 1 each, each day.

:chocegg:

The extra vegan chocolates arrived yesterday so I've spent the morning wrapping them up. They are much nicer than the ones I had purchased in town so they have gone in in priority over the others. I may have to sew in some thin batons to keep the advent calendar 'square'. It's the first time I've used it having made it earlier this year (along with one for my sister).

Beautiful!

I see grandson has one on the table, it's opened.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom