Air fryer cooking

I think I´d probably:
Cut the frozen sprouts in half
Allow them to defrost for about 20 minutes
Sauté them in butter, along with a few lardons of bacon
Add a few broken walnuts
Finish with a splash of honey.
Yeah but she doesn't like bacon and is trying to avoid using butter for a more healthy diet. I am with you on the butter and bacon, though I don't think it's necessary to cut the sprouts in half because she was using very small ones. Part of what she didn't like about them (besides how blackened they were) was how mushy they were inside.

OK - didn´t know that. Leave the bacon out altogether and use a little olive oil would work. Or, since an air fryer is involved, coat the sprouts in olive oil and just air fry the walnuts with them.
Thank you, I can try spraying them with olive oil next time.

Since they are so small do you think I should try decreasing the temperature next time?

Air-fried steak: this is ‘onglet’ or hangar steak. I season it well then air-fry for up to 7 mins a side at 200C. Perfect and it doesn’t smoke out the whole house.

140DE7C2-B459-4C51-A4D1-84440383A09E.jpeg

A59DE336-6166-4D62-A603-BE4732561CC8.jpeg

Here it is with some foie gras, potato pavé and roast veg:

418141F2-744E-4B0F-BC8B-9462E358C116.jpeg

Yeah but she doesn't like bacon and is trying to avoid using butter for a more healthy diet. I am with you on the butter and bacon, though I don't think it's necessary to cut the sprouts in half because she was using very small ones. Part of what she didn't like about them (besides how blackened they were) was how mushy they were inside.

It's more healthy to use a little butter or bacon. Butter is healthier than margerine, & bacon is more healthier than the substitutes. For instance, I don't like turkey bacon! Tried it & it tastes awful!! There's no smokey flavor in it to me. Went right back to using low-sodium bacon!! And margerine is a transfat. No good!! :yuck:

It's more healthy to use a little butter or bacon. Butter is healthier than margerine, & bacon is more healthier that the substitutes. For instance, I don't like turkey bacon! Tried it & it tastes awful!! There's no smokey flavor in it to me. And margerine is a transfat. No good!! :yuck:
Yeah, I hate turkey bacon and refuse to eat it, but that doesn't mean that it's not better for us than regular bacon. Actually both are probably not good in the fact that they contain nitrates. But moderation is key.
Are Nitrates and Nitrites in Foods Harmful?

I won't touch margarine, but not all of it is transfat anymore, mostly just the stick margarine is. Does it taste awful? To me it does. There is one brand that isn't too horrible called Smart Balance. I don't buy it, though. I buy real butter and I probably use too much of it.
Butter Vs. No-Trans-Fat Margarine

Yeah, I hate turkey bacon and refuse to eat it, but that doesn't mean that it's not better for us than regular bacon. Actually both are probably not good in the fact that they contain nitrates. But moderation is key.
Are Nitrates and Nitrites in Foods Harmful?

I won't touch margarine, but not all of it is transfat anymore, mostly just the stick margarine is. Does it taste awful? To me it does. There is one brand that isn't too horrible called Smart Balance. I don't buy it, though. I buy real butter and I probably use too much of it.
Butter Vs. No-Trans-Fat Margarine

Of course, these so-called bad foods are almost or practically harmless if you eat them in moderation. I don't mean eat them everyday or for life. :whistling:

Oh I eat butter almost every day lol

OMG!!! Not good!! Do you eat just a little, or big blobs of it? Trust me, butter & the taste of it is very wonderful! There's nutthing quite like the taste of butter in a freshly baked pound cake, cookies & deserts. I use it in pound cakes, cookies & all deserts, but that's about once every blue moon when I do! :yuck:

Last edited:
OMG!!! Not good!! Do you eat just a little, or big blobs of it? Trust me, butter & the taste of it is very wonderful! There's nutthing quite like the taste of butter in a freshly baked pound cake, cookies & deserts. I use it in pound cakes, cookies & all desrts, but that's about once every blue moon when I do! :yuck:
Between my husband and I, we use about 1 stick per week or occasionally a little over that, LOL. Trust me, it's fine. I have been losing 10 pounds a year for the past 3 years without giving up my butter. I cook eggs in it, though sometimes I used beef fat or bacon fat, just depends. I go to the doctor regularly and my cholesterol and triglycerides are fine (I am not on meds) and they actually cut my BP meds in half on my last visit because it was only 117/80. Two weeks after they lowered the dose I went back in just for that and it was 112/80, so eventually I might not have to take it at all anymore.

I don't eat a lot of desserts either, about once a month I might have a small piece if we are with family and I make a dessert (or someone else brings dessert) but usually if I want something sweet I eat fruit and yogurt.

Oh I eat butter almost every day lol
Me too, and like you, losing weight while doing it. Better to have a little indulgence, than deny yourself everything and then cave to have a binge. I usually just have a slice of toast with butter in the morning, and use it for sauteeing. Not that much else, unless I'm baking. I eat more olive oil.

Between my husband and I, we use about 1 stick per week or occasionally a little over that, LOL. Trust me, it's fine. I have been losing 10 pounds a year for the past 3 years without giving up my butter. I cook eggs in it, though sometimes I used beef fat or bacon fat, just depends. I go to the doctor regularly and my cholesterol and triglycerides are fine (I am not on meds) and they actually cut my BP meds in half on my last visit because it was only 117/80. Two weeks after they lowered the dose I went back in just for that and it was 112/80, so eventually I might not have to take it at all anymore.

I don't eat a lot of desserts either, about once a month I might have a small piece if we are with family and I make a dessert (or someone else brings dessert) but usually if I want something sweet I eat fruit and yogurt.
Bacon fat is good for seasoning a pot of greens or dried beans. But it must be kept in the fridge to keep it from spoiling. :whistling:

Me too, and like you, losing weight while doing it. Better to have a little indulgence, than deny yourself everything and then cave to have a binge. I usually just have a slice of toast with butter in the morning, and use it for sauteeing. Not that much else, unless I'm baking. I eat more olive oil.

I also use it for sauteeing, but I add in a little canola oil to keep the butter from burning. I love banana pudding, vanilla ice cream & all those things with butter, but I don't make them that often. So when I do, it's a real treat, & I endulge!! It's only once in a while. Like you said, why deny yourself of the stuff? Have it in moderation & you'll be fine!! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom