Recipe Amaretto chocolate cheesecake

Herbaceous

Local time
4:20 PM
My mom ate this at a potluck many, many years ago when I was in elementary school. She asked for the recipe so she could make it, and from the very first time I tried it, I was in love.

I ask for this every year for my birthday instead of regular cake - for close to 30 years now!

Ingredients:

6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
500 g cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
7 g envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup almond liqueur/amaretto
1 cup whipping cream
Round chocolate-dipped wafer cookies (optional)

Melt chocolate, set aside to cool.
Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer until fluffy. Blend in the brown sugar.
In a small pot, sprinkle the gelatin over the amaretto, let stand 5 min. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Blend warm gelatin into cheese mixture.
Beat 1 cup whipping cream; fold into cheese mixture. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture. Fold chocolate into remaining cheese mixture.
Spread all but 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into pie plate; spread plain mixture evenly on top. Top with remaining chocolate mixture; swirl with knife to marble. Stick the round wafer cookies (we always refer to these as “fence posts”), if using, around perimeter. Chill at least 3 hours.

IMG_0144.jpeg

My mom ate this at a potluck many, many years ago when I was in elementary school. She asked for the recipe so she could make it, and from the very first time I tried it, I was in love.

I ask for this every year for my birthday instead of regular cake - for close to 30 years now!

Ingredients:

6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
500 g cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
7 g envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup almond liqueur/amaretto
1 cup whipping cream
Round chocolate-dipped wafer cookies (optional)

Melt chocolate, set aside to cool.
Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer until fluffy. Blend in the brown sugar.
In a small pot, sprinkle the gelatin over the amaretto, let stand 5 min. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Blend warm gelatin into cheese mixture.
Beat 1 cup whipping cream; fold into cheese mixture. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture. Fold chocolate into remaining cheese mixture.
Spread all but 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into pie plate; spread plain mixture evenly on top. Top with remaining chocolate mixture; swirl with knife to marble. Stick the round wafer cookies (we always refer to these as “fence posts”), if using, around perimeter. Chill at least 3 hours.

View attachment 113242
It’d be fine without the booze, but that addition makes that dish sing. Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom